Help?

Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

bernie09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by bernie09; Sep 10th 2013 at 6:45 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help?

First, please find and read the two Pulaski wikis in the USA section of the Wikis tab above.

Here are the links:
Pulaski Simplified
Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA

In most cases, other than family related visas, your employer fills out the visa application, not the potential immigrant, so first you need a job (or a potential US spouse ) before you can even think about a visa.

BTW. In the US, your teaching diploma isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 10th 2013 at 6:26 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

For an H-1b you do relatively little, the company sponsoring you does the bulk of the work and pays the money. Without a sponsor you really can't do anything.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
For an H-1b you do relatively little, the company sponsoring you does the bulk of the work and pays the money. Without a sponsor you really can't do anything.
Hi. Thanks...so basically find a job? I've been hunting and hunting some more but most require US citizenship first? I feel like this is impossible and that I'm stuck here
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bernie09
.... I feel like this is impossible ....
It probably is.
.... and that I'm stuck here.
You probably are.

Sorry.

BTW. Are you single and unattached? If so I recommend on-line dating. Many American women of all ages "just lurve" a British accent!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Thanks...so basically find a job? I feel like this is impossible and that I'm stuck here
You need a job offer from a company willing and able to sponsor you. Based on what you want to do it may well be impossible without US citizenship.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

watchamacallit has a spectacular aura aboutwatchamacallit has a spectacular aura aboutwatchamacallit has a spectacular aura about

As you have a Masters degree in Terrorism maybe some clandestine group will hire you
I actually don't know how to take that qualification ?
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

A Masters degree in Terrorism? You'd be arrested at the border and never seen again.

But seriously. If you wanted to work is some sort of security field using your qualification you'd need to be a US citizen.

You do have the teaching qualification but that won't get you here. It costs employers a lot of time and money to hire someone from outside the US. They won't do that when there's already tons of qualified people here.)

Are you currently employed, or could you join some sort of security organization and then eventually transfer?

(Who are those contractor guys that are always getting big bucks for working security in Iran etc..?)

Last edited by Hotscot; Sep 10th 2013 at 6:39 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hotscot
A Masters degree in Terrorism? You'd be arrested at the border and never seen again.
pahahah!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It probably is.
You probably are.

Sorry.

BTW. Are you single and unattached? If so I recommend on-line dating. Many American women of all ages "just lurve" a British accent!
Probably are...that upsets me. I wouldn't do online dating to seek a visa pahaha! Also, I'm female and not in to women
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Tell us inquiring minds please, what is your actual Masters Degree and during your studies didn't you identify or make contact with employers who need that qualification?
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:41 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

If you were, it wouldn't be problem now!

In all seriousness, your chances are pretty close to zero bearing in mind your line of work.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Network.

Just in academia are possible, tend not to get great relocation packages, but they are exempt from the H1 quota and some of the other fees, but they'd still really have to want you so it is down to who you know.

The missus also has a masters on War and Terrorism in the Modern World...a few grand well wasted in hindsight
Old Sep 10th 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
.... The missus also has a masters on War and Terrorism in the Modern World. ...
That and some other similar degrees became quite fashionable over the past decade, so they're not that unusual and as far as I can tell, rarely lead to a lucrative career, or even one in a related field, except in the military, law enforcement, and security services, where US citizenship is invariably a requirement.

Sorry about misidentifying your gender. ... American men are also suckers for a woman with a British accent. .... Though they might mistake it for an Australian accent!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Thanks...so basically find a job? I've been hunting and hunting some more but most require US citizenship first? I feel like this is impossible and that I'm stuck here

Not entirely impossible, but not far from it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.