HELP

Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

HONESTANGE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP

I WAS BORN IN SCOTLAND IN 1958, PARENTS DIED WHEN I WAS 2 YEARS OLD, WENT TO LIVE WITH AUNT AND UNCLE, THEY MOVED TO USA IN 1967, I HAVE 2 SISTERS AND A BROTHER LIVING IN WALES, HAVE NOT SEEN THEM SINCE I WAS 2. NOT SURE WHAT I NEED TO DO, I HAVE AN OLD GREEN CARD, DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR A BRITISH VISA OR PASSPORT, WOULD LIKE TO COME OVER AND MEET FAMILY.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP

Originally Posted by HONESTANGE
I WAS BORN IN SCOTLAND IN 1958, PARENTS DIED WHEN I WAS 2 YEARS OLD, WENT TO LIVE WITH AUNT AND UNCLE, THEY MOVED TO USA IN 1967, I HAVE 2 SISTERS AND A BROTHER LIVING IN WALES, HAVE NOT SEEN THEM SINCE I WAS 2. NOT SURE WHAT I NEED TO DO, I HAVE AN OLD GREEN CARD, DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR A BRITISH VISA OR PASSPORT, WOULD LIKE TO COME OVER AND MEET FAMILY.
Welcome to BE.

I'm going to move your thread to the US forum because if you're not a US citizen I think you may need to renew your GC before you leave the US. Do you have a UK birth certificate?

Please do not write in capitals it is considered bad netiquette...it's akin to shouting.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

I do have a birth certificate, my sister in wales helped me get it. Thank you for letting me know about capitalization, not real good on computer. Thank You, Angela
Old Jan 29th 2009, 4:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a birth certificate, my sister in wales helped me get it. Thank you for letting me know about capitalization, not real good on computer. Thank You, Angela
Thank you.

You will need to apply for a UK passport...you can print off the forms from here:

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

I think you will also need to renew your Green Card...this link should help:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Please don't hesitate to come back and ask if you have any further questions.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:02 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit confused. Are you in the UK or the US, and you are a UK citizen, correct?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: HELP

Thank you for your help, I just ordered i-90 renewal form, will go from there. Angela
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: HELP

I was born in Scotland, I live in us as resident alien.

Angela
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by penguinsix
I was a bit confused. Are you in the UK or the US, and you are a UK citizen, correct?
The OP was born in Scotland and has a UK birth certificate. She is living in the US....GC has expired.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:37 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help, I just ordered i-90 renewal form, will go from there. Angela
You might consider naturalizing as a US citizen, instead.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pros_a...US_Citizenship
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Probably depends on how soon she wants to visit the family, fastest route would be the UK passport and new GC.
If time is not important US citizenship would be my firsy choice then pick up a UK passport when on holiday and save a few bucks
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

When you say "old green card" do you mean a 10 year one that has gone past the expiration date on it, or one of the previous older style ones that do not have an expiration date on it?.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by farmerwife
When you say "old green card" do you mean a 10 year one that has gone past the expiration date on it, or one of the previous older style ones that do not have an expiration date on it?.
Good point...but I'm sure there was something about those having to be replaced with new ones by a certain date. Hopefully someone will come along to enlighten us further on this.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by farmerwife
i had the original green card, lost it in 1984,and got a new one in 1984, I see no expiration date on it.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

i had the original green card, lost it in 1984,and got a new one in 1984, I see no expiration date on it.
Hang on I'll give Ray a shout...I seem to remember him mentioning something about having to get that type replaced.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYY you're needed.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:54 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hang on I'll give Ray a shout...I seem to remember him mentioning something about having to get that type replaced.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYY you're needed.
Yup . certain dates 1979 to 1989 ..GC had no expiry date
the powers said that intend to replace all these in an orderly fashion in 2001 .. I think they are just getting around to it ...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...eplacement.pdf

I don't recall if this new rule was ever enacted

Last edited by Ray; Jan 30th 2009 at 4:26 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.