Wikiposts

Help..

Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help..

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
I do believe that it's "Two Buck Chuck," which if you've tasted it, you know is about three bucks too much...
For $2....you can't complain...but it ain't that cheap if you can find it on this coast, I know you can get it in Boston, costs a bit more though.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Ta very much everyone..I went with the flowers and a bottle of wine, flowers were very much appreciated and the wine got drunk too...
It really was the best food and she also made a mean margarita..

They also had a tarantula in their back garden.. :scared:
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe that it's "Two Buck Chuck," which if you've tasted it, you know is about three bucks too much...
Then I'm paying three bucks for two buck chuck. Anyway, sometimes you get one that doesn't taste vile like vinegar. And its good to cook with.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:13 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Then I'm paying three bucks for two buck chuck. Anyway, sometimes you get one that doesn't taste vile like vinegar. And its good to cook with.

Look at for grocery outlets. They often have amazing bin-end bargains!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:13 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I guess that TJ's adjusts the pricing to pay for the shipping, as the last time I checked, it was $2.00 per bottle in California. (And to think that the most valuable component of it is the fuel needed to move it about.) But I do see people in my local outlet buying it by the case.

Not sure about where you are, but here, TJ's sells some nice Aussie wines --the folks Down Under do like their shiraz and cab-merlot -- at reasonable prices, i.e. under $10, so you may want to give them a try. Unless you're Shirley McClain, you only live once, so I figure that you may as well go for the decent stuff.

Last edited by RoadWarriorFromLP; Oct 17th 2005 at 9:16 am.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:29 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that TJ's adjusts the pricing to pay for the shipping, as the last time I checked, it was $2.00 per bottle in California. (And to think that the most valuable component of it is the fuel needed to move it about.) But I do see people in my local outlet buying it by the case.

Not sure about where you are, but here, TJ's sells some nice Aussie wines --the folks Down Under do like their shiraz and cab-merlot -- at reasonable prices, i.e. under $10, so you may want to give them a try. Unless you're Shirley McClain, you only live once, so I figure that you may as well go for the decent stuff.
I second that, Aussie do a great selection of wines, quality!!!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I second that, Aussie do a great selection of wines, quality!!!
Not cheap though....well around here at least.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:54 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Not cheap though....well around here at least.
They're pretty damn cheap here, we can get a bottle for around $8! Bargain!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

$2 here, great window cleaner - the only person I know who drinks it is Syllk :scared: who tried to leave an unfinished case at my house once.
I also discovered recently that our TJs is the original one