help

Old Jul 7th 2002, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

pezeke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help

We are all set to file our K1 when my fiance's employer nows says oh yes we can sponsor you to fill a job nearby. So my question is can we both file for the visas and accept which one comes first? Or can anyone tell me times processing for employer based visas are quicker than a K1? We have been waiting a year for employer to do then finally in March they said no positions available and now just as we get ready to send ours out they say yes they do. I am so upset because no I am back to something out of my control. I do know they can do premium processing for H1B and that takes 15 days but what is it without that? A lot of the timeline pages do not figure the separation of the fiance from the work visa. I could kick myself I should have files in March like I wanted but my fiance wanted to come for one more visit since he could not after I filed. :0(

Another question is the employer has turned this over to a lawyer so will the lawyer need my fiance's birth certificate and adit photos? We have those since we were ready to file a K1.

Also is it unadvisable to let the INS know at th is time he has a US fiance since they are trying to get him here on a work visa or a detachment he likes to call it?

And if anyone else has come on work visa please tell me what he will need I have no problem making sure the lawyer gets everything he needs to get him here ASAP!!
Thanks