Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello From Wash. State!

Hello From Wash. State!

Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:38 pm
US/UK

ILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the rough
Default Hello From Wash. State!

Hey all I'm new! My fiance is from England and should be over to Washington State by March. I'm near the Seattle area.

Anyone know of any places in WA, specifically King or Snohomish County that will help my future husband feel less homesick when he gets here??
Old Oct 16th 2006, 4:58 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello From Wash. State!

Originally Posted by ILuvPete
Hey all I'm new! My fiance is from England and should be over to Washington State by March. I'm near the Seattle area.

Anyone know of any places in WA, specifically King or Snohomish County that will help my future husband feel less homesick when he gets here??
The Airport

Sorry being silly. We live in Seattle (King County) My best advise to him is get a job, make friends with local people it will help him to adjust a lot easier once he has made new friends.

Brit goodies can be bought at World Market at inflated prices so if he feels all nostalgic about Oxo cubes, Bisto or HP sauce therein lies his salvation.

Hope all goes well for you both
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the site
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:33 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:56 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and Welcome
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya and welcome from a rather wet monday morning in houston
Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:32 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome. Quite a few ex-brats now in WA.

There is also a british food pantry in Redmond. They do nice eclairs there is a restaurant there also and I think will be opening up a british style pub (but there seems to be loads of Irish type pubs about).
I think the pantry is way overpriced especially when you can get some of the same stuff in the world markets but for stuff you can't it's OK. (hate their sausages though, you can't get a decent banger here for love nor money!)
Will you be north south or eastside?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 12:41 am
US/UK

ILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the roughILuvPete is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Hi and welcome. Quite a few ex-brats now in WA.

There is also a british food pantry in Redmond. They do nice eclairs there is a restaurant there also and I think will be opening up a british style pub (but there seems to be loads of Irish type pubs about).
I think the pantry is way overpriced especially when you can get some of the same stuff in the world markets but for stuff you can't it's OK. (hate their sausages though, you can't get a decent banger here for love nor money!)
Will you be north south or eastside?
Yep! Been to the British Pantry. They have a few things you can't get at World Market like Heinz Beans and Yorkshire Tea...oh! and Galaxy! (Even though Dove has the same wrapper it's Not the same taste)
Been to the restaurant and their Shephards Pie tastes a little "frozen". Wondering if there is a butcher anywhere around that you can get real sausages. I'm american but in England right now until Saturday and I am addicted to Bangers & Mash after being here for 3 months. lol Not sure how my fiance will survive when he comes over early next year. (still waiting on that visa...at least it's out of California!)
I actually found that on the Seattle consulate website (though small) they have a list of places in Washington with Brit food and supplies.
http://www.britainusa.com/consular/a...=36506&a=36132
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:06 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

gosh info and all
someone here told me why US couldn't make decent sausages something about the casings. Though that doesn't explain why the meat is full of gristle!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:07 am

Yep! Been to the British Pantry. They have a few things you can't get at World Market like Heinz Beans and Yorkshire Tea...oh! and Galaxy! (Even though Dove has the same wrapper it's Not the same taste)
Been to the restaurant and their Shephards Pie tastes a little "frozen". Wondering if there is a butcher anywhere around that you can get real sausages. I'm american but in England right now until Saturday and I am addicted to Bangers & Mash after being here for 3 months. lol Not sure how my fiance will survive when he comes over early next year. (still waiting on that visa...at least it's out of California!)
I actually found that on the Seattle consulate website (though small) they have a list of places in Washington with Brit food and supplies.
http://www.britainusa.com/consular/a...=36506&a=36132
sorry other post I made was in reply to this one!