Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello from NC

Hello from NC

Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:29 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from NC

Originally Posted by Shandy Pants
Hi Ingerland! I didn't get your PM! try again. Off to Trader joes tomo.......thats the best thing about America!!!! i LOVE that shop, have you heard of it? lots of really nice food yummmmy. shandy x
Which TJ's do you go to? I go to the one in Chapel Hill. I know when to visit when it's not overrun with students or particularly busy.

It is a good store. Better than Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) IMO.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Ingurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shandy Pants
Hi Ingerland! I didn't get your PM! try again. Off to Trader joes tomo.......thats the best thing about America!!!! i LOVE that shop, have you heard of it? lots of really nice food yummmmy. shandy x
I've heard of it, but in the almost 7yrs we've been here, we've never been.. at least not yet. What sort of food do you go there for?

Hmm about the pm. Did you check your email? I might have sent it as a email
Old Dec 18th 2008, 12:34 am
Just Joined

Shandy Pants is an unknown quantity at this point

Traders sells really different stuff alot of organic but not expensive and always have loads of tasters which rocks!!
I'm a bit pants with computers but checked my e mail and not there either Only 8 more sleeps till santa! You all sorted for the holidays?!?
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ingurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really niceIngurland is just really nice

OOooic. One day we'll get there. Do they sell English stuff, too?

sucks and holidays?! Two Americanisms in one sentence and you've only been here 6mths.. fight it. hehe

I'm off to test this pm thing again. Lmk if you get it Oo and to answer ur question. I'm almost finished w/my Christmas shopping. Not much left to do, *thankgoodness .phew: You?
Old May 26th 2009, 8:51 pm
Tony M1

Tony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura about

Hello from GA i do hope you havent been waiting long for a responce from someone.

i know we are away apart but i thought I should say hi!!
Old May 31st 2009, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

lavenderbud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gryff31
Hello, is there any other brits in NC??

We moved here in Dec 07, due to my husbands job, we have 2 kiddies a 3yr old boy and a 3wk old boy.

Settling well however it would be nice to meet other brits in the area.

Em
hi there, yes Im a Brit, god i cant believe there were any in North Carolina.Ill be popping over in July. Ill be staying near Greensboro. How long you been there?
Old May 31st 2009, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Default looking for Brits near Greensboro NC

first visit to the US, would love to know if there are any Brits in Greensboro or near there. Can anyone tell me if the humidity is really that unbearable.
Old May 31st 2009, 5:39 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for Brits near Greensboro NC

Originally Posted by lavenderbud
first visit to the US, would love to know if there are any Brits in Greensboro or near there. Can anyone tell me if the humidity is really that unbearable.
Are you moving to NC permanently? Whereabout near Greensboro will you be?

I'm in Durham, in the Triangle, about an hour and fifteen minutes drive from Greensboro.

Yes, the humidity is pretty oppressive. That's why you don't see many people outside in the summer months. The way to deal with NC summers is to drink lots of fluids, where sunscreen and headgear (if you're outside for more than 15 minutes).
Old May 31st 2009, 5:49 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh oh oh I am..

the weather at the moment is weird, as we've been having quite a lot of rain for this time of the year and then its been getting really hot as well so yes humidity is here..

but its not as bad as Florida thats for sure..

Last edited by lisag8070; May 31st 2009 at 5:51 pm.
Old May 31st 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

nc-gremlin will become famous soon enough

I lived their from April 1998 until September 2000 before I moved to the Triangle. Greensboro's downtown night life has really improved since then. As to humidity I decided I would never complain about it again once I visited my wife's relatives in Clearwater, FL.
Old May 31st 2009, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Are you moving to NC permanently? Whereabout near Greensboro will you be?

I'm in Durham, in the Triangle, about an hour and fifteen minutes drive from Greensboro.

Yes, the humidity is pretty oppressive. That's why you don't see many people outside in the summer months. The way to deal with NC summers is to drink lots of fluids, where sunscreen and headgear (if you're outside for more than 15 minutes).
no not permanantly, not sure just going for a visit for few months to see and then will decide. I will be back in cyprus in December. I moved from the UK 14 yrs ago and moved to Cyprus. Was in the UK at Christmas visiting my brother.
Well would be great to meet British folk there. Maybe w could all exchange emails to keep in touch.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:28 pm
Tony M1

Tony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura about

Some great advice here, in the South it does get real hot and plenty liquid (of your choice) and a hat.

Regardless its great in the summer just real REAL HOT!!!

You will have a ball...
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tony Mullaney
Some great advice here, in the South it does get real hot and plenty liquid (of your choice) and a hat.

Regardless its great in the summer just real REAL HOT!!!

You will have a ball...
hi Tony

thanks for that. Well it would be even greater if i met a bunch of you brits over there for a chat and a good laugh. Its really refreshing to know there are your own in the same state.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:05 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

no not permanantly, not sure just going for a visit for few months to see and then will decide. I will be back in cyprus in December. I moved from the UK 14 yrs ago and moved to Cyprus. Was in the UK at Christmas visiting my brother.
Well would be great to meet British folk there. Maybe w could all exchange emails to keep in touch.
if you need any info in regards to Greensboro, just let me know ...
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Bellepaul will become famous soon enough

Hi
I have just moved to Goldsboro, is there anyone that lives in Goldsboro out there????

Last edited by Bellepaul; Jun 10th 2009 at 2:31 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.