Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello from NC

Hello from NC

Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:47 pm
Tony M1

Tony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hello from NC

There is a Group called the BABC the British American Business Council ?? Could be a good start and a pub an English one in Charlotte I think, you may like to look on yahoo groups in the meet up section too! We run one here in Atlanta and have 150+ members.. You can always log on to us to chat in the meantime if you wish drop me a line …

Try to find football or English shops you never know!!

Good luck with it.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 3:20 am
Just Joined

lavenderbud is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
just arrived in Kernersville (near Greensboro) and would love to hear and meet up with any brits who live in the area.
This is the firat time to the US so would appreciate meeting some of my own.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lavenderbud
hi all
just arrived in Kernersville (near Greensboro) and would love to hear and meet up with any brits who live in the area.
Hi,

I used to live in Winston-Salem which is right next to Kernersville, I am south of you in Charlotte now. Just wanted to welcome you to the site. How are you finding NC?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:30 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all
Ack...I can't believe it I'm just in Greensboro but unfortunately I'm leaving for the UK on Wednesday..your timing is impeccable.

There are a couple of peeps here in the area and I'm sure they'll be along later to say Hi.

Hello and welcome to NC..
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:24 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

hi all
Welcome to both the US and BE. Oh, and welcome to NC.

The only time I was in Kernesville was a few years ago when I tracked down some delicious NC barbecue at a restaurant in the town. I think the restaurant's name was Clarke's or something similar.

I live in Durham, east of you.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

kirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nice

hi all
Hi Lavenderbud,

I'm in Kernersville (or K'vegas as it affectionately known

Feel free to get in touch,i'd be more than happy to meet up.

Ive p.m'd you .
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

where abouts are you in NC? Im in Kernersville, NC..
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

I think the people are really friendly so far so good. So much food I know the weight will pile on Only been 3 weeks so far...
would like to meet more brits out here.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

kirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nice

Haha..it's me..Angela.x
Old Aug 15th 2009, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

candyfloss is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , I have just joined this site today and not sure of my way around yet !
I am living in Grandy , Currituck county near the Outer Banks, I arrived here in December 2008 and I am taking a lot of time to settle in as its so quiet around here , not driving yet so hard to move around unless my husband takes me , have met only one Brit who has been here 31 years or more but would love to meet more people , I met a girl yesterday who was married to a 'Geordie ' guy from UK so hopefully I may get to know them,
Its a lonely life and not what I was used to as I lived in Cyprus previous to moving here , that was a great place to live, lots of activity ,friends and stuff to do , hopefully my immigration procedures will be cleared up sooner than later and that will enable me to obtain my drivers liscence and move around a bit, i am at present awaiting an interview for permanent residence status , complicated by a posetive TB test and a clear x-ray....( sigh ) wish me luck
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Hi LB, I'm in High Point/Jamestown been here 15 months now.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi candyfloss welcome to BE. I am in NC but quite a distance from you in Charlotte.

I expect it is difficult for you at the moment as you are in a sort of no man's land, but it will get easier ... promise. In the meantime come back and visit BE often and interact with everyone. We've got a great bunch of members.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

candyfloss is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Sue, I am sure it will be ok in the future , good news today I have all my medical docs etc ready and complete ready for my interview with immigration at t he end of the moonth , my TB scare I had was sorted and I had a clear bill from the doc !
Will sure come and visit whenever I am able as it seems a good site to find good friends
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:16 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by candyfloss
Thank you very much Sue, I am sure it will be ok in the future , good news today I have all my medical docs etc ready and complete ready for my interview with immigration at t he end of the moonth , my TB scare I had was sorted and I had a clear bill from the doc !
Will sure come and visit whenever I am able as it seems a good site to find good friends
That's good news, you are one step closer then.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Tazley is an unknown quantity at this point

New member to the Forum originating from London via Florida and Asheville N.C.

We are at the early stages of looking at the Lake Norman area (cornelius) any fellow Brits located in that part of the World?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.