Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello from IL

Hello from IL

Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:01 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello from IL

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Nr Chester...just over the border into North Wales.
Just Google Mapped it, can't say I have ever stopped there but have driven from Wrexham to Chester once or twice. So do the people there have accents like those from Chester or Wrexham being as it is pretty much smack bang in the middle of the two.

By the way I think Chester is a great place, used to love going shopping there with my Mum and Dad at Christmas time with all the lights and people singing. Used to park in the racecourse car park and walk to the town, 99p breakfast in Browns and then a day of shopping, great times.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 11:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pickles
Just Google Mapped it, can't say I have ever stopped there but have driven from Wrexham to Chester once or twice. So do the people there have accents like those from Chester or Wrexham being as it is pretty much smack bang in the middle of the two.

By the way I think Chester is a great place, used to love going shopping there with my Mum and Dad at Christmas time with all the lights and people singing. Used to park in the racecourse car park and walk to the town, 99p breakfast in Browns and then a day of shopping, great times.
The Welsh people have a strong Welsh accent...the out of towners are a mixture of people from all over the UK. There is BE member from Wrexham...doesn't post very often though.

I love Chester too...it's great place to live and shop.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:22 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The Welsh people have a strong Welsh accent...
Not all do....my OH doesn't
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:29 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Not all do....my OH doesn't
well let's say distinctive then, at least to non welsh folk!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:37 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
well let's say distinctive then, at least to non welsh folk!
Its funny cos I've got a strong thick north walian accent and he hasn't....prob cos I went to a Welsh school and he an English one
Old Nov 6th 2006, 12:51 am
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold

Its funny cos I've got a strong thick north walian accent and he hasn't....prob cos I went to a Welsh school and he an English one
I went to a Welsh school, but don't have a Welsh accent at all, but my father does, my wife can't work it out!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:00 am
Cheeky member

I went to a Welsh school, but don't have a Welsh accent at all, but my father does, my wife can't work it out!
You grew up in Betws? mixture of accents there I guess...So what school did you go to....the more I look at your pic,the more familiar you seem to be!
My OH's father has a strong Welsh accent too...strange.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:02 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the concern. Too be honest I'm not too stressed about it what happens, happens. I am lucky in so much that my wife has an excellent job that is far more stable than mine! Also I have made sure that I have not lived beyond my means and have that emergancy fund set aside like all the financial advisors say to do in the buisiness section of the paper. I suppose I am the product on an extremely frugal family upbringing.
Green Card wise I am OK, have the 10 year one now and have sent off for citizenship a few weeks back.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Hello and welcome. Just on the off chance you don't know, dual nationality exists now with the US. You will have fun with the questions.

Anyway, welcome.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:09 am
Banned

[QUOTE=gardnma] You will have fun with the questions.

[QUOTE]

Fun with what questions? Asking them or answering them?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:10 am
Banned

[QUOTE=Ransi]You grew up in Betws? QUOTE]

No I did not grow up in Betws, see post above for my dwellling details.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:56 pm
Cheeky member

[QUOTE=Pickles]
You grew up in Betws? QUOTE]

No I did not grow up in Betws, see post above for my dwellling details.
My mistake I misread love for live (in photo gallery)
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:01 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:06 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome x
Old Nov 13th 2006, 3:39 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a week late, but welcome Pickles! I'm in the Chicago 'burbs and run a British expat meetup group if you're interested.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

gdjones has a brilliant futuregdjones has a brilliant futuregdjones has a brilliant futuregdjones has a brilliant futuregdjones has a brilliant futuregdjones has a brilliant futuregdjones has a brilliant futuregdjones has a brilliant future

I was born in Llandrindod Well, Powys, and lived in Cardiff before moving to Chicago, I don't have a Welsh accent either - could be something to do with growing up in London....
Oh and welcome, and tho youve been in the country, and on the site longer than me!!