Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hello from IL

Hello from IL

Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:14 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold
Default Hello from IL

Hello, just come accross your site. Well just a quick overview of myself......... lived here in the US for a little over 4 years now before that lived my whole life in North Wales. I enjoy working on my house, a fixer-upper, as they call it over here, movies, walking and generally not being in work.

As for work, I am Production Control Manager for a large automotive components supplier, so the way that industry seems to be heading recently I will be looking a new job soon!!! I hope not but being as our #1 and #2 customers have gone into CHpt. 11 things don't look to great.

Well nice to meet you all.

Pickles
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from IL

Welcome to the site.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:18 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pickles
Hello, ..........

Pickles

Hiya!

Good luck on the job front!

Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, just come accross your site. Well just a quick overview of myself......... lived here in the US for a little over 4 years now before that lived my whole life in North Wales. I enjoy working on my house, a fixer-upper, as they call it over here, movies, walking and generally not being in work.

As for work, I am Production Control Manager for a large automotive components supplier, so the way that industry seems to be heading recently I will be looking a new job soon!!! I hope not but being as our #1 and #2 customers have gone into CHpt. 11 things don't look to great.

Pickles
And it's nice to welcome you to
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE....love the username

Good luck on the job front...and Wales...there's a few taffs around here
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:22 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE. Sorry to hear about things in the job front, it can be really stressful when worrying about the stability of your job. I hope you already have a green card so if the worse happens it would be easier for you to get a job here.

Gosh I sound very doom and gloom - didn't mean to come across as that
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:39 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and Welcome
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:48 pm
Banned

Pickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to beholdPickles is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Welcome to BE. Sorry to hear about things in the job front, it can be really stressful when worrying about the stability of your job. I hope you already have a green card so if the worse happens it would be easier for you to get a job here.

Gosh I sound very doom and gloom - didn't mean to come across as that
Thanks for the concern. Too be honest I'm not too stressed about it what happens, happens. I am lucky in so much that my wife has an excellent job that is far more stable than mine! Also I have made sure that I have not lived beyond my means and have that emergancy fund set aside like all the financial advisors say to do in the buisiness section of the paper. I suppose I am the product on an extremely frugal family upbringing.
Green Card wise I am OK, have the 10 year one now and have sent off for citizenship a few weeks back.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 3:03 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the concern. Too be honest I'm not too stressed about it what happens, happens. I am lucky in so much that my wife has an excellent job that is far more stable than mine! Also I have made sure that I have not lived beyond my means and have that emergancy fund set aside like all the financial advisors say to do in the buisiness section of the paper. I suppose I am the product on an extremely frugal family upbringing.
Green Card wise I am OK, have the 10 year one now and have sent off for citizenship a few weeks back.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
You are an example to us all Good luck in your application for citizenship.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 3:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
You are an example to us all Good luck in your application for citizenship.
Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome. Where in North Wales did you live?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome. Where in North Wales did you live?
Prestatyn, St. Asaph and Trefnant also spent a year in Leeds but did'nt like it so I came back to North Wales.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Prestatyn, St. Asaph and Trefnant also spent a year in Leeds but did'nt like it so I came back to North Wales.
I lived in Rossett before moving here.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I lived in Rossett before moving here.
That being where exactly?
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That being where exactly?
Nr Chester...just over the border into North Wales.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.