British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hello from IL (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hello-il-406243/)

Pickles Nov 5th 2006 2:14 pm

Hello from IL

Hello, just come accross your site. Well just a quick overview of myself......... lived here in the US for a little over 4 years now before that lived my whole life in North Wales. I enjoy working on my house, a fixer-upper, as they call it over here, movies, walking and generally not being in work.

As for work, I am Production Control Manager for a large automotive components supplier, so the way that industry seems to be heading recently I will be looking a new job soon!!! I hope not but being as our #1 and #2 customers have gone into CHpt. 11 things don't look to great.

Well nice to meet you all.

Pickles

Sue Nov 5th 2006 2:16 pm

Re: Hello from IL

Welcome to the site.

Elvira Nov 5th 2006 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
Hello, ..........

Pickles

Hiya!

Good luck on the job front!

:)

britvic Nov 5th 2006 2:19 pm

Hello, just come accross your site. Well just a quick overview of myself......... lived here in the US for a little over 4 years now before that lived my whole life in North Wales. I enjoy working on my house, a fixer-upper, as they call it over here, movies, walking and generally not being in work.

As for work, I am Production Control Manager for a large automotive components supplier, so the way that industry seems to be heading recently I will be looking a new job soon!!! I hope not but being as our #1 and #2 customers have gone into CHpt. 11 things don't look to great.

Pickles

And it's nice to welcome you to :)

Bob Nov 5th 2006 2:21 pm

Welcome to BE....love the username :)

Good luck on the job front...and Wales...there's a few taffs around here :D

Irn-bru Nov 5th 2006 2:22 pm

Welcome to BE. Sorry to hear about things in the job front, it can be really stressful when worrying about the stability of your job. I hope you already have a green card so if the worse happens it would be easier for you to get a job here.

Gosh I sound very doom and gloom - didn't mean to come across as that :o

DollyLlama Nov 5th 2006 2:39 pm

Hello and Welcome :)

Pickles Nov 5th 2006 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Welcome to BE. Sorry to hear about things in the job front, it can be really stressful when worrying about the stability of your job. I hope you already have a green card so if the worse happens it would be easier for you to get a job here.

Gosh I sound very doom and gloom - didn't mean to come across as that :o

Thanks for the concern. Too be honest I'm not too stressed about it what happens, happens. I am lucky in so much that my wife has an excellent job that is far more stable than mine! Also I have made sure that I have not lived beyond my means and have that emergancy fund set aside like all the financial advisors say to do in the buisiness section of the paper. I suppose I am the product on an extremely frugal family upbringing.
Green Card wise I am OK, have the 10 year one now and have sent off for citizenship a few weeks back.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Irn-bru Nov 5th 2006 3:03 pm

Thanks for the concern. Too be honest I'm not too stressed about it what happens, happens. I am lucky in so much that my wife has an excellent job that is far more stable than mine! Also I have made sure that I have not lived beyond my means and have that emergancy fund set aside like all the financial advisors say to do in the buisiness section of the paper. I suppose I am the product on an extremely frugal family upbringing.
Green Card wise I am OK, have the 10 year one now and have sent off for citizenship a few weeks back.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!

You are an example to us all :D Good luck in your application for citizenship.

Pickles Nov 5th 2006 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
You are an example to us all :D Good luck in your application for citizenship.

Thanks!

Jerseygirl Nov 5th 2006 10:30 pm

Hello and welcome. Where in North Wales did you live?

Pickles Nov 5th 2006 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome. Where in North Wales did you live?

Prestatyn, St. Asaph and Trefnant also spent a year in Leeds but did'nt like it so I came back to North Wales.

Jerseygirl Nov 5th 2006 10:43 pm

Prestatyn, St. Asaph and Trefnant also spent a year in Leeds but did'nt like it so I came back to North Wales.

I lived in Rossett before moving here.

Pickles Nov 5th 2006 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I lived in Rossett before moving here.

That being where exactly? :confused:

Jerseygirl Nov 5th 2006 10:56 pm

That being where exactly? :confused:

Nr Chester...just over the border into North Wales.