hello

Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello

Hello and welcome.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:15 am
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ionaskye
Ho I am new here and gald to find this .I have lived in the us for twenty years and love to read what you all think about it.
So if i can ever help answer questions I will be gald to...
Hello from me.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: hello

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Hello and welcome.
Thank you lisa , its nice to come into a group with welcoming people
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome - from Dallas!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi from Texas as well, fairly close to Houston. Been here since the 80's.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 5:46 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I thought from your name you were that actress from "Say Anything"
Ione Skye, you know the film with John Cusack where he holds up his ghetto blaster playing a Peter Gabriel song outside her window...
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Ione Skye, you know the film with John Cusack where he holds up his ghetto blaster playing a Peter Gabriel song outside her window...
awesome movie - and very attractive actress....
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

I recall reading somewhere that Ione Skye was named after the two Hebridean islands Iona and Skye. I used to live on the Isle of Mull, right next to Iona (and a lot larger), and a beautiful place it is!

Originally Posted by Big D
awesome movie - and very attractive actress....
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah

i haven't seen the film but i love peter Gabriel.i will have to look out for the movie. Sorry but i am not the actress.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
I recall reading somewhere that Ione Skye was named after the two Hebridean islands Iona and Skye. I used to live on the Isle of Mull, right next to Iona (and a lot larger), and a beautiful place it is!

You are right ,Skye is my favourite place . i have also been to Mull ,the scenery is beautiful. I have a very good friend who lives in Portree ,so i try to go to Skye anytime that i am home.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
aye, true...but teaching quals do vary state by state....plus if help with the transfer of gcse's into whatever it's called here is pretty handy info for people...
Hey ,i agree with you and your are right you have to take the state teaching certificate if you move .
But as a young girl coming out of school her qualifications will be evaluated , she might have to go to junior college to do courses ,I had to do Us history and then when I lived there Louisiana history ,and then Texas history. It can be done .
To graduate high school here you need 24 credits and a grade point average .it is very different but not impossible. Also you need to take the SAT or the Act .
I hope that this helps you
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snowbunny
cool! several of us in TX, some in Houston even

CA!!!!! look for Celtic Angel, she's Welsh.

This is probably dumb , but how do i read the threads that are sent to be via my e-mail. It always tells me to click on this adressand then it leads nowhere.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:51 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the answer, but this is a good place to ask:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63