British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Heinz Baked Beans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/heinz-baked-beans-813497/)

jupiteruk Oct 28th 2013 1:48 pm

Heinz Baked Beans

Hi All,

Excuse the random question and this has probably been asked time and time again but where do I find cheap or reasonable priced Heinz Baked Beans in the Tri-State (Philly/NJ/DE) Area?

Thanks all,
Aaron.

notonuksoil Oct 28th 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Heinz Baked Beans

In an emergency Stop & Shop have them about $2.39 a tin, but we are lucky enough to be able to get them at a local Irish store I pay $1.29 a tin.

jupiteruk Oct 28th 2013 1:56 pm

Ahh you're lucky there about $2.50 at ACME in Lower Bucks County, PA

Jerseygirl Oct 28th 2013 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jupiteruk (Post 10965169)
Hi All,

Excuse the random question and this has probably been asked time and time again but where do I find cheap or reasonable priced Heinz Baked Beans in the Tri-State (Philly/NJ/DE) Area?

Thanks all,
Aaron.

Super Shop n Stop, King's Supermarket and Gary's Wine stores (only a handful of both stores in NJ), Wegmans may sell them. Look for the Irish Stores in malls....they sell them.

jupiteruk Oct 28th 2013 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10965196)
Super Shop n Stop, King's Supermarket and Gary's Wine stores (only a handful of both stores in NJ), Wegmans may sell them. Look for the Irish Stores in malls....they sell them.

Ahh great to know I'll have to find one near me. Thanks.

Jerseygirl Oct 28th 2013 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by jupiteruk (Post 10965522)
Ahh great to know I'll have to find one near me. Thanks.

Try Amazon...I get PG Tips from there.

Bob Oct 28th 2013 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10965196)

Wegmans sell them, but they're around $3 a tin, or $2.50 on sale. Amazon is cheaper though, but saying that, Wegmans own brand vegetarian beans are a buck a tin and they're twice the size and really pretty similar.

Casual Observer Oct 29th 2013 4:28 am

Another vote for Acme - what puzzles me is that an iconic American corporation like Heinz doesn't sell their own products here :shrugs:

Mrs Danvers Oct 29th 2013 1:24 pm

I've found them in the large Whole Foods in Boulder, but not the smaller one closer to where I live.........

Bob Oct 29th 2013 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Casual Observer (Post 10966394)
Another vote for Acme - what puzzles me is that an iconic American corporation like Heinz doesn't sell their own products here :shrugs:

Uncle Bens is another one...they had much better stir fry sauces in the EU....guess the market isn't interested in it as much over here.

jupiteruk Oct 29th 2013 3:45 pm

Yes you're totally right since it's an American brand why don't they sell them domestically... Well I will have a look at Wegmans for their vegetarian beans and hopefully give them a try...
Thanks for the heads up

cwooloff Nov 2nd 2013 12:07 pm

Try Heinz vegetarian baked beans as an alternative...not exactly the same but do work in most circumstances...they are about a buck and are normally in with all the other yanky style beans (full of brown sugar and bacon) in the grocery store...even the local walmart here has started carrying them.

i may have been here too long but i don't think they taste that different....certainly good in a pinch

jupiteruk Nov 2nd 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks for that I'll definitely give them a try, one of my coworkers is actually going to the UK with our project so he's going to pick up some cans of Heinz baked beans... Hopefully that will ward of my craving :)

Appreciate your advice,
Aaron.

jupiteruk Nov 2nd 2013 12:59 pm

Has anyone tried these before? http://www.shoprite.com/pd/Heinz/Veg.../013000004503/

AilsWallace Nov 2nd 2013 3:12 pm

Just found them in the A&P near us in Little Falls, NJ. Still having to get used to the idea of vegetarian baked beans.