Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Heinz baked beans!

Heinz baked beans!

Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

AshleyandBarry is on a distinguished road
Default Heinz baked beans!

I have a question for everyone, well, at least for the Heinz baked beans lovers, which all of you should be. I'm American, married to a Brit, we live in the States at the moment, and have FINALLY tracked down a store that carries the beans, but, they're called "Heinz Vegetarian Baked Beans" here, and since Vegetarian isn't in the title in the UK, I'm just wondering if they're the same. Anyone here who has ever compared the two? Thank you!

-Ashley
Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Heinz baked beans!

Oh, well, yes, now that I've discovered there was already a post very similar to this, I have my answer. They ARE the same. Thaaaaaaaaank god.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:43 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree that they are the same, they are similiar but defo not the same, they are much too sweet because they have honey in or just too much sugar.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly would have not thought them to be the same. Vegetarian does not appear on the 3 tins I bought recently @ $1.79ea.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peacelover
I don't agree that they are the same, they are similiar but defo not the same, they are much too sweet because they have honey in or just too much sugar.
Your right ..they are similar....but not the same ....
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:00 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Similar but definately NOT the same. Just sweet and the juice is thicker.

In Atlanta, we have a Harris Farmers Market and a local Indian Shop. REAL Heinz beans here cost about $1.20 if you buy a pack of 24 (case) at a time. Our shelves are full of Heinz beans - the real ones - yummy. They get massive shipments in and always have about 50 cases on hand in the store.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Nooooooooooooo, they're not the same???? And they have honey in them? That sucks, we can't even eat them then, cause we're both vegan. Damn it damn it damn it. Now we're gonna have to stick with paying like $30 just to SHIP 20 cans.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:58 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

They're similar - the cloest US Heinz equivalent you'll find. They're labelled as vegetarian because they don't have huge hulking chunks of bacon fat in them.

Because you know, anyone who doesn't like bacon in their beans is a leaf eating hippy communist!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:59 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Hubby has approved an acceptable substitute for when we run out of Heniz baked beans...Showboat Pork & Beans...altho not much help if you're veggie/vegan
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:46 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand, those beans are awful. I'll bet you eat them on toasted plastic bread.

I'm frightened to ask this, but do you prefer tinned spaghetti or fresh cooked with a real marinara or putanesca sauce?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:10 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you with a Kroger Signature store near you, they have real Heinz Baked Beans in their British section for around $1.25 per can...

...along with Jaffa Cakes, Penguins, Maltesers, Walnut Whips, Typhoo teabags, Tilda Basmati Rice (oh, what bliss!) and much, much more including some real oddities like Pears soap.

Yum!
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:42 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AshleyandBarry
I have a question for everyone, well, at least for the Heinz baked beans lovers, which all of you should be. I'm American, married to a Brit, we live in the States at the moment, and have FINALLY tracked down a store that carries the beans, but, they're called "Heinz Vegetarian Baked Beans" here, and since Vegetarian isn't in the title in the UK, I'm just wondering if they're the same. Anyone here who has ever compared the two? Thank you!

-Ashley

$1.65 a tin and they have Walkers crisps.....

www.britishdelights.com

Last edited by gruffbrown; Aug 9th 2005 at 1:47 am. Reason: Feeling farty
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:11 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I don't understand, those beans are awful. I'll bet you eat them on toasted plastic bread.

I'm frightened to ask this, but do you prefer tinned spaghetti or fresh cooked with a real marinara or putanesca sauce?
Please dont be a wanker
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:18 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Please dont be a wanker
He was having a culinary snob moment....
Old Aug 9th 2005, 2:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen

Is the second a TV dinner.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.