Reload this Page >

Heavy equipment mechanic jobs in Montana

Wikiposts

Heavy equipment mechanic jobs in Montana

Old Jan 10th 2022, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Jimmec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heavy equipment mechanic jobs in Montana

Hi guys and girls,just new to this but have been weighing up the options of moving to Montana from Scotland,and just wanted to get a bit of input from anyone that has moved there or who lives there,I understand that I will need to go out for a rece to check it out,it's more the employment situation I need to find out about,I'm a heavy equipment mechanic Field service and have about 20 years experience and I'm 43 is this to old.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heavy equipment mechanic jobs in Montana

Honestly, how many jobs there are isn't your main problem. The main problem is finding a visa that allows you to move to the US.

There are several types of visas available, but unless you or close family have US citizenship, you are unlikely to find one suitable. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Check out Pulaski's ways in the wiki, then ask if you have questions: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...ork_in_the_USA

Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the heads up,I do have family in Seattle and family in Alberta but they're not exactly close family,I probably stand a better chance getting into Canada,but I will look in to it a bit further.👍👍
Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimmec
Hi guys and girls,just new to this but have been weighing up the options of moving to Montana from Scotland,and just wanted to get a bit of input from anyone that has moved there or who lives there,I understand that I will need to go out for a rece to check it out,it's more the employment situation I need to find out about,I'm a heavy equipment mechanic Field service and have about 20 years experience and I'm 43 is this to old.

You are certainly not too old; however you would need an employer to sponsor you for a work visa before you would be able to move. Most unlikely that your field of expertise would qualify for a visa.
Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up,I do have family in Seattle and family in Alberta but they're not exactly close family,I probably stand a better chance getting into Canada,but I will look in to it a bit further.👍👍
Canada would be much easier as they have a program specifically for trades, the US isn't likely from what you've said.

Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the information, it's probably a no go, for staters,👍👍
Old Jan 10th 2022, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Yep, your probably right about Canada,it's probably a more straight forward way, I really appreciate everyone's input.thank you 👍👍
Old Jan 10th 2022, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, your probably right about Canada,it's probably a more straight forward way, I really appreciate everyone's input.thank you 👍👍
Have to ask, why Montana?
Old Jan 10th 2022, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

My mum and dad worked over there in the early 70s and absolutely Loved it, and I spent most of my younger life being told stories of how fantastic Montana was,but the job that my father was on came to a end and they came back to Scotland,I think they regretted not staying.👍
Old Jan 11th 2022, 3:54 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

My mum and dad worked over there in the early 70s and absolutely Loved it, and I spent most of my younger life being told stories of how fantastic Montana was,but the job that my father was on came to a end and they came back to Scotland,I think they regretted not staying.👍
Have you actually been to Montana? Or Canada? If not, perhaps a vacation is in order before you start to plan any further.
Old Jan 11th 2022, 4:07 am
Just Joined

I worked in Canada for about 6 months with the military but you're probably right 👍