Wikiposts

heavy!

Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by jan_michigan
why thankyou Scarlett , Patrick and all ......... I'm not really a self depreciating type .... more of a realist and I am truly happy with my life right now

our website is www.dog-berry.com .... we've just got back from a weekend taking in all the autumn colour ... its wonderful !

Jan
Stand next to me jan, you'll look anorexic
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:27 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: heavy!

Originally posted by NC Penguin
A Hong Kong Chinese friend spent six months travelling in China and told me (from having eaten it) that the everyday food Chinese people eat is not at all tasty and nothing like food served in restaurants in China (or Hong Kong for that matter).

I don't know if you ate Chinese food in Chinese people's homes or in restaurants.

In fact, one of the dishes I miss is chicken feet. I used to eat that as dimsum back in the UK. Apparently there is a Chinese restaurant in Durham that serves chicken feet during its dimsum hours but I"ve not seen it (probably serves it all before I arrive).

Having eaten Chinese food in various parts of the States, inc. Chinatowns around the US, the US has further to go than the UK to get close to authenticity.

Anyway, we're talking about food in the US and not in the native countries

NC Penguin
You stated that you eat more in the UK because it is more authentic. That's why the topic went off thread to native chinese. The food I ate in Hong Kong was both restaurant and home made and the point I was trying to make was that it is far different to most take away food in the UK. Naturally there will be some places who sell outstanding chinese food, but a lot cater to british tastes, as do Indian Restaurants. I agree with you though, the american palate is even worse. The chicken paw I had, btw, was whole served in a soup. Right, back to topic now.....

I've gained about 1/2 stone since arriving Jan 2002 but I'm working hard in the tennis lessons to stop it getting any worse.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

oi ! doc scrumpy behave !!!!!!

oh and been sitting here drinking non alcoholic cider ..... *sigh* darn yanks ruined a perfectly good drink }:\

Jan