Wikiposts

heavy!

Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pimpbot
She certainly does. I dont think she has done laundry more than once since I arrived and this week, she's had me at her work painting offices and hallways! LOL. So I'm keeping busy, just not that busy
Yeah I know what you mean, Mary Ann has typed a Honey Do list that makes War & Peace looklike a note for the milkman.

Do you mean to say that they have invented a washing machine that does not either work by itself or work just for women?? :scared
Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

make that :scared: even
Old Oct 12th 2003, 8:32 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

It's terrifying walking down the ice cream aisle at Super Stop and Shop, and I need to have willpower of a superhero, but thank god, in America, you can get the entire Atkins range! I lost 20 pounds in the last 5 months thanks to Atkins and I want it to stay that way. We had Atkins ice cream recently and it rocked! The worst thing is my girlfriend weighs about 3 stone or something, and can eat for the entire English rugby team (don't you hate people like that?) but all I have to do is look at a cream cake and I put on a stone.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Rockgurl
It's terrifying walking down the ice cream aisle at Super Stop and Shop, and I need to have willpower of a superhero, but thank god, in America, you can get the entire Atkins range! I lost 20 pounds in the last 5 months thanks to Atkins and I want it to stay that way. We had Atkins ice cream recently and it rocked! The worst thing is my girlfriend weighs about 3 stone or something, and can eat for the entire English rugby team (don't you hate people like that?) but all I have to do is look at a cream cake and I put on a stone.

But I thought nurses were meant to be big & cuddly like Hattie Jacques ?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:37 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
But I thought nurses were meant to be big & cuddly like Hattie Jacques ?
Oh please! I do so much running around I'm surprised I don't look like Twiggy!
Old Oct 13th 2003, 2:46 am
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I managed to put on 4 lb last Thanksgiving day. mind you, the Midwest cuisine is kinda rich.

23 lb Turkey, green beans in a broth made from fried onion & bacon, mashed cream with full milk & butter, sweet potato with brown sugar & butter, homemade rolls, and of course entree & a choice 3 pies to follow.

Damn, I'm hungry now just typing all of that !

They serve food down in Texas that is a bit more filling than Kendal mint cake then Scarlett ?

Just found out my folks and grandma are coming over for their first thanksgiving with us...can't wait.

No green bean casserole and marshmallow gunk though, I am planning a good old British roast with yorkshires, roast taties, turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings!

Getting fat at the thought of it!
Attached Thumbnails heavy!-fat.jpg  
Old Oct 13th 2003, 3:43 am
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by Patrick
You go girl, we love you

Patrick

For some reason I had an Oprah moment

Yep, hooray for Jan and her lovely hubby

So good to hear you so happy, Jan.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett

Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
Just found out my folks and grandma are coming over for their first thanksgiving with us...can't wait.

No green bean casserole and marshmallow gunk though, I am planning a good old British roast with yorkshires, roast taties, turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings!

Wow that pic you attached was not the princess of wales but in fact the princess of whales!!!!!!!:scared:

PS can you please stop with the yorkshires and roast taties - you're making me droooooooll!
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Re: heavy!

Originally posted by ScarlettHill
OK, so who put on weight since moving to the US????

Do these people eat out a lot or what!!!!

I know from past trips that it's dangerous eating out over there! 1 Portion??? That's usually enough to feed our whole family for the weekend! Okay, so I exagerate slightly but they are pretty generous........ and sooooo yummy! How can anyone resist? Especially the Chinese - why is the American Chinese so different to Uk Chinese??? I could never figure that out!
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

why thankyou Scarlett , Patrick and all ......... I'm not really a self depreciating type .... more of a realist and I am truly happy with my life right now

our website is www.dog-berry.com .... we've just got back from a weekend taking in all the autumn colour ... its wonderful !

Jan
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:14 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whatever
<<snip>>
Especially the Chinese - why is the American Chinese so different to Uk Chinese??? I could never figure that out!
Chinese food in the US is pretty far removed from Chinese food because the cuisine has been adapted to fit the American "palate". On the other hand, British Chinese food is closer to the real thing because the British are more tolerant to non-native cuisines and so Chinese food doesn't end up so British (in general).

e.g. the ubiquitous brown sauce in Chinese American dishes.

I like Chinese food a lot but eat it far less often than in the UK because I like authentic Chinese food and there's far fewer places to eat it (in the Triangle at least).

I'm miss dim sum especially...

NC Penguin
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:17 am
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by jan_michigan
why thankyou Scarlett , Patrick and all ......... I'm not really a self depreciating type .... more of a realist and I am truly happy with my life right now

our website is www.dog-berry.com .... we've just got back from a weekend taking in all the autumn colour ... its wonderful !

Jan
Lovely photos, Jan. Where you live looks beautiful. The English ones made me a bit homesick. I took Garth out to Castlerigg last summer. I miss the mountains

Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:26 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Chinese food in the US is pretty far removed from Chinese food because the cuisine has been adapted to fit the American "palate". On the other hand, British Chinese food is closer to the real thing because the British are more tolerant to non-native cuisines and so Chinese food doesn't end up so British (in general)

NC Penguin
Don't you believe it! Chinese food in the UK still has a long way to go before it can compete with the real stuff. Less stodge and more taste over in china. Also, when did you last see a menu in the UK with chicken paw (claws) on it?
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:46 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Don't you believe it! Chinese food in the UK still has a long way to go before it can compete with the real stuff. Less stodge and more taste over in china. Also, when did you last see a menu in the UK with chicken paw (claws) on it?
A Hong Kong Chinese friend spent six months travelling in China and told me (from having eaten it) that the everyday food Chinese people eat is not at all tasty and nothing like food served in restaurants in China (or Hong Kong for that matter).

I don't know if you ate Chinese food in Chinese people's homes or in restaurants.

In fact, one of the dishes I miss is chicken feet. I used to eat that as dimsum back in the UK. Apparently there is a Chinese restaurant in Durham that serves chicken feet during its dimsum hours but I"ve not seen it (probably serves it all before I arrive).

Having eaten Chinese food in various parts of the States, inc. Chinatowns around the US, the US has further to go than the UK to get close to authenticity.

Anyway, we're talking about food in the US and not in the native countries

NC Penguin
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PrincessofWales

I made my mum cook us a sunday roast before she left lol. I sure had missed roast potatos and Yorkshire pud!, as I used to go to my parents house every sunday for dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.