Reload this Page >

health insurance again!

Wikiposts

health insurance again!

Old Apr 19th 2006, 1:29 pm
bright spark

Default Re: health insurance again!

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Have you looked to see whay doctors/facilities you can use? Is it a PPO? Dont think that just because you have insurance means you can walze into any doctors or hospital for treatment and be covered.

Aldo does it cover eyes and dentist? If not you're in for an expensive time with those.
Eyes and dentist are extra.... another $21 a week for the family.

Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:09 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bright spark
Hi Y'all, from sunny, Texas.

Well we have been here about 10weeks now and have just got the details of my employers benefits package. Could someone confirm if it is common for the employee to pay a weekly contribution towards the medical insurance? I knew we would have to pay for spouse and kids but expected mine to be covered by my employer. Was this just wishfull thinking?

The cover for all of us will be $163.62 a week

Thanks!
I haven't read the whole thread so this may have already been answered. In the past many employers paid 100% for the employee's health insurance. These days, there are fewer and fewer employers who stump for the entire cost of the employee's health insurance.

Your expectation to have yourself covered at 100% by your employer is a little too high. Part paying for yourself is more the norm these days. Don't be surprised when next year's premium for yourself (and your family) increases too!

NC Penguin
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:11 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I was mixing plans.

No deductible
$3000 max out of pocket exenses (individual) $6K family
$1million lifetime maximum
$750 copay per hosp admission
$20 copay for dr's office visit
$75 copay for ER visit

(I think it's the lifetime maximum that worries me the most)

Sorry, I know it's really boring!!

What do you think
Our opinion is irrelevant. You either take or you don't. If your spouse works, he/she may be eligible through his/her employer for health insurance but you probably have short time period to enroll on yours so you can't dither.

NC Penguin
Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Our opinion is irrelevant. You either take or you don't. If your spouse works, he/she may be eligible through his/her employer for health insurance but you probably have short time period to enroll on yours so you can't dither.

If he's here on an H1, the spouse won't be allowed to work...but then again, don't think he said how he got here..
Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Eyes and dentist are extra.... another $21 a week for the family.
That's pretty cheap and good going, well worth it in the even you get a chipped tooth or anything as a visit even just for a check up costs an arm and a leg without insurance.