British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   he went, he saw, he said no! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/he-went-he-saw-he-said-no-406096/)

username 34 Nov 4th 2006 4:34 pm

he went, he saw, he said no!

well after all that, hubby went off to Miami with the company, got showed everything and loved it for a 2 day stay but..

said that we would hate living there! its just too big, too crowded, too manic, just too much of everything.

its not like we have to leave here right now so he didnt have the pressure of taking the job at all costs and made the decision that I would hate living there. He knows me too well so I trust his judgement!

so - you lot have a lucky escape, islandmom remains on her island

blaze Nov 4th 2006 6:55 pm

Re: he went, he saw, he said no!

Originally Posted by islandmom
well after all that, hubby went off to Miami with the company, got showed everything and loved it for a 2 day stay but..

said that we would hate living there! its just too big, too crowded, too manic, just too much of everything.

its not like we have to leave here right now so he didnt have the pressure of taking the job at all costs and made the decision that I would hate living there. He knows me too well so I trust his judgement!

Ahhh, but we were looking forward to meeting you beach bum, I mean Island mom! :D (Not that I'm ever in Florida!)

Rushman Nov 4th 2006 8:27 pm

Yeah, all those heavy tanned handsome latino men walking around open shirted showing off their six packs, the well hung guys in tiny tight Speedo's playing volleyball on the beach.......he was dead right...you'd hate it. he knows you so well. :rolleyes:

anotherlimey Nov 4th 2006 8:29 pm

Probably a good choice!

anotherlimey Nov 4th 2006 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Rushman
Yeah, all those heavy tanned handsome latino men walking around open shirted showing off their six packs, the well hung guys in tiny tight Speedo's playing volleyball on the beach.......he was dead right...you'd hate it. he knows you so well. :rolleyes:

Hey.... I'm not Latino.... :D

Rushman Nov 4th 2006 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Hey.... I'm not Latino.... :D

hey. Ima hno Latino too

username 34 Nov 4th 2006 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Rushman
Yeah, all those heavy tanned handsome latino men walking around open shirted showing off their six packs, the well hung guys in tiny tight Speedo's playing volleyball on the beach:

sorry - post will now read I'm packing my bags TONIGHT!! Miami here I come... I'm sure the kids will survive staying here with daddy

Bob Nov 4th 2006 11:05 pm

sorry - post will now read I'm packing my bags TONIGHT!! Miami here I come... I'm sure the kids will survive staying here with daddy

hehe :D