Hawaii..

Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:38 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hawaii..

Going to Maui in 2 weeks, so I have a couple of what seems like retarded questions, but never the less worth asking to anyone thats been there.

1. Will Maui accept normal U.S bank checks (cheques) i.e Bank one.

2. Will my current U.S medical insurance suffice or should I take out extra travel insurance (just incase I wipe out anymore teeth surfing a 30ft monster no comments Patrick please!).

3. Any restaurants or tours that anyone can recommend?

4. In the advent of gettin mauled by a tiger shark, should one
a- Try and punch the shark on the snout?
b- Try and poke its eye out?
c- Does shark repellent really work?
d- Just shite the pants and pray for a quick death?

any help greatly appreciated.

Yosser.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:48 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hawaii..

HI is in the US so yes they'll take USD.

When I went there, there was a notice in the hotel room (Sheraton on Kannapali) saying if you are approached by a shark to punch it in the face.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 5:59 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
HI is in the US so yes they'll take USD.

When I went there, there was a notice in the hotel room (Sheraton on Kannapali) saying if you are approached by a shark to punch it in the face.
- it was a daft question but its very loosely part of the U.S and I was just wondering if they had any weird tendacies, but thanks for clarifying it for me.

- Did they really have that notice in the hotel room? bloody hell.

We were orginally staying at the Westin in Kannapali, but my wifes comapny (she is a seniour travel consultant for NCA) changed to the hyatt in Lahani (sp). Unfortunatley I have to share the hotel with a couple hundred 19 year old cheerleaders for a week (my wife sorted out all the travel for the hula bowl cheerleaders, so we get 2 free tickets to the game nice).

That brings me too my next question, which is better for chest hair removal

a- Nair
b- Wax
c- plucking

I don't want to be striding around the pool with my speedo's on looking like david hasslehoff no wot I mean.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:09 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by Yosser
- it was a daft question but its very loosely part of the U.S and I was just wondering if they had any weird tendacies, but thanks for clarifying it for me.

We were orginally staying at the Westin in Kannapali, but my wifes comapny (she is a seniour travel consultant for NCA) changed to the hyatt in Lahani (sp). Unfortunatley I have to share the hotel with a couple hundred 19 year old cheerleaders for a week (my wife sorted out all the travel for the hula bowl cheerleaders, so we get 2 free tickets to the game nice).

a- Nair
b- Wax
c- plucking

I don't want to be striding around the pool with my speedo's on looking like david hasslehoff no wot I mean.

Well HEEEELLLLOOOO Ladies..
Attached Thumbnails Hawaii..-david.jpeg  
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:11 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

a- Nair
b- Wax
c- plucking
d- Hawaiin Shirt
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:18 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by ScousePete
The shirt is already packed in the suitcase pete that and my 'thong' flip flops.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:38 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

<<snip>>

a- Nair
b- Wax
c- plucking

<<snip>>
Definitely go for waxing but if you can't stand pain, go for option A. Also, get the waxing at least a few days before you get to Hawaii or you'll look like a freshly plucked turkey (despite the waxing and not plucking).

NC Penguin
Old Dec 30th 2003, 6:55 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they did. :scared:

One trip I really liked was sunrise up the volcano. You do have to get up at the crack of dawn but it's well worth it.

I didn't see any sharks but I did encounter a horrid looking octupus when I was snorkling. It put me off going in the sea for quite a long time.

They do a sunset torch dive off the cliffs as well. It was next to my hotel but I guess they'd have that sort of thing all over the place.

It's a stunning island and I'm sure you'll have a fab time.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:18 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by sibsie
Yes they did. :scared:

One trip I really liked was sunrise up the volcano. You do have to get up at the crack of dawn but it's well worth it.

I didn't see any sharks but I did encounter a horrid looking octupus when I was snorkling. It put me off going in the sea for quite a long time.

They do a sunset torch dive off the cliffs as well. It was next to my hotel but I guess they'd have that sort of thing all over the place.

It's a stunning island and I'm sure you'll have a fab time.
I have had some weird encounters with sea life over the years so I'm trying to prepare myself for those man eaters, so thanks for the tip.

Weird isn't it, I was flippin through the channels sunday night and low and behold on the discovery channel they were showing film of this lady swimming between 2 boats get mauled on and losing her entire leg to a shark, just what me and the missus wanted to watch before going, bloody typical!

However I am a huge believer in "if your time is up etc" as I have surfed in some remote parts and got the chills a few times when theres no-one around just you and a "is that coral reef or a shark" kind of a moment...gives you the willeys.

I think we get a free whale watching trip so I'm looking forward to that, and I wouldn't mind doing some scuba diving/snorkelling and that volcano trip looks great.

Has anyone done the ride halfway down the mountain on bikes tour? looks like a great way to see some stunning scenery/waterfalls etc?