Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Have you sold a life ins policy?

Have you sold a life ins policy?

Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:41 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Question Have you sold a life ins policy?

If anyone has recently sold a life ins/savings policy instead of just cashing it in, can you enlighten me as to how much more than the surrender value you got?

I have a Norwich Union with-profits savings policy that's been running since about '91, due to mature in 2035 and wondered if it was worth the wait for a quote from various companies vs less hassle of just cashing it in.

Ta.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have you sold a life ins policy?

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
If anyone has recently sold a life ins/savings policy instead of just cashing it in, can you enlighten me as to how much more than the surrender value you got?

I have a Norwich Union with-profits savings policy that's been running since about '91, due to mature in 2035 and wondered if it was worth the wait for a quote from various companies vs less hassle of just cashing it in.

Ta.
44 years?

With 30 years to go it will not be so attractive. I would get the surrender value first, that would be the easy bit and it would give you an idea of whether the numbers would be a big enough issue.

http://www.traded-endowment-policy.co.uk/

Loads more.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 10:22 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you sold a life ins policy?

Originally Posted by Boiler
44 years?

With 30 years to go it will not be so attractive. I would get the surrender value first, that would be the easy bit and it would give you an idea of whether the numbers would be a big enough issue.

http://www.traded-endowment-policy.co.uk/

Loads more.
I was looking for people's experiences - I'm well aware of my options and the pros and cons of cashing in at this time. Thanks for the link though - checking it now.

Cheers.