Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Have you got more patriotic since living in the US?

Have you got more patriotic since living in the US?

Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you got more patriotic since living in the US?

My Iranian husband has become MUCH more patriotic since coming to America. He's WAY more dedicated to the USA now!!

Rene
Old Jun 25th 2010, 11:11 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Minty
Hi

I have been living in the US now for just over 5 years having come over on a K1 visa.

Maybe its just the world cup but I find that being away from "home" even though I am very happy living where I am, that I have become much more patriotic about being English that I think I used to be. I have a GB sticker on the car and British Flag number plate surrounds. Just lots of little things.

Is this the same for others too?

Just curious!
Nope not for me I treat the US as home and balls to being patriotic "GO USA" lol
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:39 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Nope not for me I treat the US as home and balls to being patriotic "GO USA" lol
I bet you didn't have your fingers crossed when you said the oath last week did you?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:44 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
I bet you didn't have your fingers crossed when you said the oath last week did you?
You got that right YAY to becoming a yank lol
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You got that right YAY to becoming a yank lol

You can take Norfolk out of the girl as well as take the girl out of Norfolk...apparantly
Old Jun 26th 2010, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You can take Norfolk out of the girl as well as take the girl out of Norfolk...apparantly
You betcha lol
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

There will always be a special feeling for England but I find as time goes by,I am beginning to feel more like an American,even though I am still legally an English citizen.

When I was a kid we used to have German neighbours and all they did is talk abut Germany and how great it was.

Even as a kid,I wondered if they loved their country so much,why did they live here,while we had to listen to their boring comments about the Father Land..

While being proud of England,I would never wear an English Flag on the 4th July,so not right and probably will stir up the same feelings I had about my German neighbours

I mean if you love England/Britian so much. why are you living here?

I really feel if you intend to continue living here you are much happier accepting it as your Country.

Though,there will always be special feeling for your country of birth and the memories you have of it,places,events and people..
Old Jun 26th 2010, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that more 'patriotic' of England, is the way I would describe myself...more like more 'defensive' of England!