Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Have a UK Phone Number in the US

Have a UK Phone Number in the US

Old Aug 17th 2004, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Have a UK Phone Number in the US

For $19.95 per month it's possible to be a local call to your family and friends in Britain.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/20...0816026500.htm
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:02 am
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have a UK Phone Number in the US

Originally Posted by edwords
For $19.95 per month it's possible to be a local call to your family and friends in Britain.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/20...0816026500.htm
You'd have to spend almost 10 hours (1-888 free dial-up) or over 15 hours (if you live in a city with a local free access number) a month on the phone to gain over having a Big Zoo account.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:37 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You'd have to spend almost 10 hours (1-888 free dial-up) or over 15 hours (if you live in a city with a local free access number) a month on the phone to gain over having a Big Zoo account.
Have you rung UK phone numbers from a cell phone using prepaid minutes from "bigzoo"? I must admit I am curious, if one can ring the UK from a cell phone at cheap rates then "one" has to be interested!

Old Aug 19th 2004, 3:30 am
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
Have you rung UK phone numbers from a cell phone using prepaid minutes from "bigzoo"? I must admit I am curious, if one can ring the UK from a cell phone at cheap rates then "one" has to be interested!
I've never dialed a "free" number from a cell phone, but I assume that you have to pay the cell usage fee regardless of the fact that it is a "free" number.

However I would assume that you could use some of the hundreds/ thousands of airtime minutes to phone 1-800/ 1-888/ 1-866/ 1-877 numbers and get the Big Zoo rate to the UK? But I've never tried it.