British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Have I filed the correct forms (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/have-i-filed-correct-forms-109045/)

JasonPrince Jun 27th 2002 3:57 pm

Have I filed the correct forms

Hi guys, quick question. I used one of those companies who file all your information for you (get it checked by a lawyer etc). I am pretty sure it is right, but just don't want any delays if I can help them. I filed in NYC.

On my receipt the following are present;

Finger Print - $50
I 485 - $255
I 765 - $120
I 130 - $130

( I didn't apply for AP)

I just wanted to make sure that this is correct and nothing has been left out.

Thanks, Jason.

Rete Jun 27th 2002 5:23 pm

Re: Have I filed the correct forms

You don't mention the G-325a's for you and your wife nor do you mention the I-864 Affidavit of Support.

Which service did you use to complete your forms for you? And they filed for you as well? Why didn't you file yourself since it can only be done via mail for NYC? Will INS now only contact the attorneys you used? Or will they contact you?

Rete

JasonPrince Jun 27th 2002 5:30 pm

Rete, I used a company called USAVISANOW.com

I completed an application online, they checked it for me and emailed me back.

They told me that the Affidavit of support would be requested at a later date. I am not aware of the G 325's forms.

INS sent me the receipt directly.

Thanks, Jason

JasonPrince Jun 27th 2002 5:36 pm

I did fill in the G-325 biographic forms. But they are not listed on the receipt.

Cheers, Jason

Andy Platt Jun 27th 2002 6:20 pm

"JasonPrince" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On my receipt the following are present;
    >
    > Finger Print - $50 I 485 - $255 I 765 - $120 I 130 - $130
    >
    > ( Ididn't apply for AP)
    >
    > I just wanted to make sure that this is correct and nothing has been left out.

There are other forms that would be necessary but which do not have an associated fee
(e.g. I-864, G-325s and possibly the I-693 medical (that does have a fee but you pay
it to the doctor)). However, for the forms you do pay a fee for, those listed would
be correct.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

JasonPrince Jun 27th 2002 6:48 pm

There are other forms that would be necessary but which do not have an associated fee
(e.g. I-864, G-325s and possibly the I-693 medical (that does have a fee but you pay
it to the doctor)). However, for the forms you do pay a fee for, those listed would
be correct.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.
[/B][/QUOTE]

When should I file the I-864? The company I am using seems very good and they said the INS will request it in the future. I just wanted to make sure and check this with the group.

They also said that the medical would be requested in the future.

Cheers, Jason

Rete Jun 27th 2002 7:14 pm

Normally the I-864 is submitted with the I-485 and I-130. It is updated at the time of the interview. For NYC that would be 14 to 18 months down the line. As for the medical in the past NYC wanted the medical upfront with the original filing and a vaccination supplement if the medical is over 12 months old. I know you said you mailed it recently so it is too early to say if NYC is going to send you an RFE for those two forms.

You are a brave person, Jason. I would not allow my private vital information to be given to someone online that I don't know. Social Security number, addresses, maiden name info, etc. and anyone with hacking experience or not bonded in that company and you can have your identity ripped off.

R

JasonPrince Jun 27th 2002 7:22 pm

Originally posted by Rete
Normally the I-864 is submitted with the I-485 and I-130. It is updated at the time of the interview. For NYC that would be 14 to 18 months down the line. As for the medical in the past NYC wanted the medical upfront with the original filing and a vaccination supplement if the medical is over 12 months old. I know you said you mailed it recently so it is too early to say if NYC is going to send you an RFE for those two forms.

You are a brave person, Jason. I would not allow my private vital information to be given to someone online that I don't know. Social Security number, addresses, maiden name info, etc. and anyone with hacking experience or not bonded in that company and you can have your identity ripped off.

R

Thanks for your help. As long as this doesn't delay my EAD, I hope everything will be OK. If I have to wait a bit longer for AOS interview so be it. The company does seem reputable and have been helpful. Fingers crossed nothing bad happens :)

Cheers, Jason