British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Hatton on Sopcast?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/hatton-sopcast-498694/)

Lord Lionheart Dec 8th 2007 5:14 pm

Hatton on Sopcast??

Before I either shell out $65 on PPV or fight my way through the local pub which will be mobbed full of drunken Brits. Anyone have any idea if the fight is on Sopcast? How do you tell what is on, the directory is always the same? If so what channel?

penguinsix Dec 8th 2007 5:33 pm

Re: Hatton on Sopcast??

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart (Post 5647176)
Before I either shell out $65 on PPV or fight my way through the local pub which will be mobbed full of drunken Brits. Anyone have any idea if the fight is on Sopcast? How do you tell what is on, the directory is always the same? If so what channel?

http://www.myp2p.eu/

Lord Lionheart Dec 8th 2007 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by penguinsix (Post 5647244)

Thanks for that. I'm new to this Sopcast thing. So does that link you provided mean that a Sopcast channel will give you the details where to find it, or does P2P need different software than the Sopcast thing I have :confused: :confused:

penguinsix Dec 8th 2007 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart (Post 5647261)
Thanks for that. I'm new to this Sopcast thing. So does that link you provided mean that a Sopcast channel will give you the details where to find it, or does P2P need different software than the Sopcast thing I have :confused: :confused:

Go to that website after about 5 or so and you'll find a bunch of links for a bunch of different types of feeds. Some will be Sopcast, some TVAnts (need to download) and some others. You can look at some of the other listings to get an idea of how it works.

Once it is on, click the link and Sopcast should launch (or Tvants or whatever).

I always look for the higher bitrate feeds--better quality.

Lord Lionheart Dec 8th 2007 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by penguinsix (Post 5647642)
Go to that website after about 5 or so and you'll find a bunch of links for a bunch of different types of feeds. Some will be Sopcast, some TVAnts (need to download) and some others. You can look at some of the other listings to get an idea of how it works.

Once it is on, click the link and Sopcast should launch (or Tvants or whatever).

I always look for the higher bitrate feeds--better quality.

Thanks again

Duncan Roberts Dec 8th 2007 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by penguinsix (Post 5647244)

This is the one I've used a lot. It works well although I don't like it quite as much as the older version.

BritGuyTN Dec 9th 2007 12:01 am

wow

sopcast is pretty cool

never come across it before, thanks for the heads up!

penguinsix Dec 9th 2007 1:20 am

Yea, it is an amazing technology. TVAnts is good too (they always have Eurosports, Sky, and BBC24 on their channel offerings, to name a few).

It was built by some Chinese students who wanted to watch their channels far away from home, but it was quickly adopted by the football fanatics who use it to watch pretty much every game anywhere (just look at the lists on the website).

Rushman Dec 9th 2007 1:23 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 5648193)
wow

sopcast is pretty cool

Agreed LH just ran me through it too.

koogar Dec 9th 2007 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 5648447)
Agreed LH just ran me through it too.

has the fight started yet?
I'm still fighting with technology here :unsure:

YorkshirePudding Dec 9th 2007 1:25 am

Originally Posted by penguinsix (Post 5648443)
Yea, it is an amazing technology. TVAnts is good too (they always have Eurosports, Sky, and BBC24 on their channel offerings, to name a few).

It was built by some Chinese students who wanted to watch their channels far away from home, but it was quickly adopted by the football fanatics who use it to watch pretty much every game anywhere (just look at the lists on the website).

I just installed SopCast to watch the fight. Which one is best for football--specifically Championship?

Lord Lionheart Dec 9th 2007 1:26 am

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 5648449)
has the fight started yet?
I'm still fighting with technology here :unsure:

First undercard, you probably have at least 1 1/2 hours yet before the main event

koogar Dec 9th 2007 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart (Post 5648451)
First undercard, you probably have at least 1 1/2 hours yet before the main event

thanks LL

Lord Lionheart Dec 9th 2007 1:28 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 5648193)
wow

sopcast is pretty cool

Between Sopcast, UK Nova and The Box. I'm starting to wonder why I pay $1500 a year for Directv , apart from a few HD channels :confused:

Lord Lionheart Dec 9th 2007 1:35 am

Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding (Post 5648450)
I just installed SopCast to watch the fight. Which one is best for football--specifically Championship?

Click on your sport icon at the top and see what they are playing

i.e the football

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?ma...31&part=sports