Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hatton on Sopcast??

Hatton on Sopcast??

Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:42 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatton on Sopcast??

Originally Posted by YorkshirePudding
I just installed SopCast to watch the fight. Which one is best for football--specifically Championship?
My advice is to download at least Sopcast and TVAnts, and then to check which games are on and what technology they'll be using. Generally, if the game is on TV, you'll find a link somewhere (though don't be surprised of the commentary is in Chinese or Arabic or something).

By the way--be sure to 'right click' and then select 'ZOOM TO FULL SCREEN'. Gets rid of all the annoying bars and such. On some high quality feeds (Eurosports France/Tv Ants and BBC24 / TV Ants) the picture quality is quite nice, even on full screen.

I have a spare computer hooked up to a 60 inch TV via a DVI cable and I often watch stuff on it without too much distortion.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:53 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

One of the guys fighting is called Ponce de Leon right now. He just has Ponce on the back of his trunks for short. I bet the English audience are getting a laugh out of that
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

YorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to all

Thanks for the advice, Penguin!

I know HBO have produced this fight and have the rights and what not, but $55 on PPV?! Making that kind of money, i'd expect them to put on better than the shite they churn out. The only reason I got it was for Extras and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

What are everyone's predictions for tonight, anyway?

Last edited by YorkshirePudding; Dec 9th 2007 at 2:02 am.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 2:02 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I know HBO have produced this fight and have the rights and what not, but $55 on PPV?! Making that kind of money, i'd expect them to put on better than the shite they churn out. The only reason I got it was for Extras and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Distance fight. Who wins/ Cant say...given its in the US and most british fighters need a knockout to get a draw here you've gotta say Mayweather.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 2:05 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice, Penguin!

Hope I'm wrong but here's what I see

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=132

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=135

After all this hype, you know there will be a HM V PB II either way
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

YorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to allYorkshirePudding is a name known to all

Pains me to say it, but Mayweather is fantastic. Very clever fighter, and a very awkward opponent. He had it from round 2...there was only one outcome. Too much of a step up in class for Hatton, I think.

Glad I didn't shell out $55 on that!!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Brit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really nice

Pains me to say it, but Mayweather is fantastic. Very clever fighter, and a very awkward opponent. He had it from round 2...there was only one outcome. Too much of a step up in class for Hatton, I think.

Glad I didn't shell out $55 on that!!
Yep. Embarrassing quite frankly. Hatton shouldn't have bothered coming if that was the best he could do. Just glad I watched it for free.

How biased was the ref though?
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:42 am
Banned

The referee let PB fight his fight, lots of elbows and forearms, then took a point from Hatton the first time he did something wrong.
I was suprised how stationary PB was until round 7 when he started moving.
Hatton basically punched himself out by not going to the body and getting tired throwing big punches to the head and not covering up, jumping in and asking to be hit on the chin.
Hatton showed bulldog spirit but PB fought a smarter fight, keeping his chin down, fending off hatton with his elbows and forearms then moving in and using his speed when Hatton was done.
No suprise here except I thought PB would move a lot more than he did.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Brit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really nice

That's why yank boxers hate fighting outside America. The home field advantage they get from the refs and judges is massive. They get away with it because money talks, and boxing makes most money in America.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

The point off was wrong. Mayweather was encouraging that by ducking low. I wish Hatton hadn't bent over at him though! Mayweather fought the perfect fight, it's got be said...albeit with a bit of help from the ref breaking up Hatton rhythm quite a lot.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 5:53 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit_far_from_home
That's why yank boxers hate fighting outside America. The home field advantage they get from the refs and judges is massive. They get away with it because money talks, and boxing makes most money in America.
I don't think that cortez was that biased to be honest, though mayweather did get away with turning away from hatton quite a lot. That said hatton should have taken advantage of this by going to the ribs, but didn't.
I thought that the deduction was the correct decision - even though mayweather turned his back hatton had no excuses for smacking him on the back of the head.
From the 8th onwards mayweather really stepped it up, and the first knock down in the 10th was as a result of a really sweet shot.