Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hatton / Mayweather in MN

Hatton / Mayweather in MN

Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:23 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light
Question Hatton / Mayweather in MN

Hi all

I am flying into Minneapolis on 8th December and am hoping to find a decent sports bar in Blaine (or surrounding area such as Fridley/CRapids) in which to watch the fight.

So I was wondering:

A - Does anyone know when the fight actually starts? I can't seem to find the info anywhere...

B - Does anyone know a decent sports bar in the area that will be open for the fight and showing it?

C - Surely he can win, grinding down twinkletoes... can't he?

Cheers all x
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 3:07 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hatton / Mayweather in MN

Originally Posted by lj2
Hi all

I am flying into Minneapolis on 8th December and am hoping to find a decent sports bar in Blaine (or surrounding area such as Fridley/CRapids) in which to watch the fight.

So I was wondering:

A - Does anyone know when the fight actually starts? I can't seem to find the info anywhere...

B - Does anyone know a decent sports bar in the area that will be open for the fight and showing it?

Cheers all x
Hmm.. Thought not - tricky aint it! Oh well, I'll find out When I do, I'll post for anyone else who cares!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

World Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really niceWorld Traveller is just really nice

Originally Posted by lj2
Hi all

So I was wondering:

Cheers all x
Come on Hatton you can do it!!!!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:30 pm
Pompey Boy

gazzpfc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lj2
Hi all

So I was wondering:

Cheers all x
Hi
I will check Monday at office as most of em live up in Coon Rapids and Blaine.
Brits is showing it 4 sure downtown but out there I will check Two Stooges in Fridley also may be worth a call.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 12:58 am
Banned

ImAFool is just really niceImAFool is just really niceImAFool is just really niceImAFool is just really niceImAFool is just really niceImAFool is just really niceImAFool is just really niceImAFool is just really nice

Originally Posted by lj2
No
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:06 am
Pompey Boy

Hatton will spark him
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:30 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gazzpfc
Hi
I will check Monday at office as most of em live up in Coon Rapids and Blaine.
Brits is showing it 4 sure downtown but out there I will check Two Stooges in Fridley also may be worth a call.
Cheers Gaz - that is dead helpful.

I managed to find out the time of the fight - it is 3am our time, or 9pm MN time. Just in case anyone else wanted to know.

I will have the "Brits" pub down as my reserve if I can't find one in Blaine or Fridley. Cheers mate!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:30 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

As civilized as you Brits seem to be regarding proper use of forks and knives, and many other items... it amazes me that you still like to watch two men (usually from terribly poor families) bash each other's brains out until one is rendered unconcious due to brain injury. To me it ought to be outlawed- fighting dogs or cocks is...why not humans?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:41 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

The power of choice.... The dogs and cocks have no such choice.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:35 am
Pompey Boy

Originally Posted by lj2
The power of choice.... The dogs and cocks have no such choice.
No one at work seemed to know mate sorry they are only interested in girls rugby!
Anyway I work up that way I will pop in Mondayand ask them directly.
Off to Florida Weds-Fri but will post before after todays snow thank god for a bit of warmth
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:48 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
As civilized as you Brits seem to be regarding proper use of forks and knives, and many other items... it amazes me that you still like to watch two men (usually from terribly poor families) bash each other's brains out until one is rendered unconcious due to brain injury. To me it ought to be outlawed- fighting dogs or cocks is...why not humans?
If that's what you think of boxing, don't watch any Ultimate Fighting. Makes boxing look like auld wummin swinging handbags at one another.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 5:19 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

. To me it ought to be outlawed- fighting cocks is...why not humans?

There is normally a lot of bruising ....
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 5:28 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
If that's what you think of boxing, don't watch any Ultimate Fighting. Makes boxing look like auld wummin swinging handbags at one another.
Not all but most UFC fighters are failed boxers ...they turn to the UFC for another form of pay ...don't get me wrong I like all forms of pugilistic sport ...and enjoy everything from a Friday night tear up in the pub to a bout of Queensbury rules ....Boxing and fighting is in my blood ...still can not get my mind around those Tapout guys though

I just hope Ricky is ready for war ..its gonna be toe to toe and not past 6 rounds
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 11:02 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I do not.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:42 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Same could be said about just about every sport

i.e soccer, American football have numerous vertebrae injuries and broken legs. Even the tour d' France and gymnastics involves an amount of strain on the human body, not to mention the risks associated with the use of performance enhancing drugs.
Amateur boxing has protective headgear and large gloves are used in sparring sessions to add padding and reduce damage.
A middleweight boxer is probably one of the fittest athletes around, offset a healthy amateur boxer with a weekly workout routine against the general fitness of your average UK and US citizen with growing health problems due to obesity and fast food related diseases. I'd say an inner city boxer has a better chance of leading a fit and healthy life compared to his inner city counterpart subjected to fast food, drugs and alcohol. Despite the risks of pugilist dementia

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 2nd 2007 at 6:47 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.