Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Hate automated phone systems? Try this!

Hate automated phone systems? Try this!

Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hate automated phone systems? Try this!

Originally Posted by Partystar
Or you can try 'Advisor' or 'Representative'. Sometimes you just have to try different variations of the title of the operator.
These voice recognition systems have a default path through their system so you can say anything other then what they want and you'll get an operator.

Its to cater for everyone with differing accents, tones, volumes etc..
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:34 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Its pretty hard to tell the difference between an operator and a recorded message
Every time I call they have some script where they try you sell you some crap you dont need, and have you ever tried to cancel a card and close an account?? Thats where I need an automated system
You can do it all online with some places. I cancelled my Debenhams store card from over here & I did all through the internet site, it was great. I even received an email & a nice snail mail letter confirming it all, lovely jubbly!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:35 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
These voice recognition systems have a default path through their system so you can say anything other then what they want and you'll get an operator.

Its to cater for everyone with differing accents, tones, volumes etc..
Yes, I've noticed that too. For some reason certain systems can't understand the word yes, but they can understand me saying an 11 digit number straight off the bat.