Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has no-one used San Diego as POE?

Has no-one used San Diego as POE?

Old Jun 29th 2001, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still trying to find anyone who has used San Diego as their POE, but San Diego isn't even set up on the rolling POE list. No one at the San Diego Airport, British Airways, nor Customs can give me a straight answer, when I ask if they are set up to receive immigrants now! What is up with these people, is it a State Secret?
Old Jun 29th 2001, 4:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Think it would be relatively safe to "assume" that any US airport that allows international flights from countries that require customs and/or immigration examination on US soil and not on their own soil, i.e. Canada, would have an INS inspection available to meet and greet disembarking foreign passengers arriving with immigration intent.

Whether they are capable, knowledgeable, etc. to perform their tasks is another question.

Also if it ain't on the POE rolling list, than it ain't been used or those that have used it, haven't entered their information. If SD is new at accepting international arrivals, that might be the reason why there are no accounts for that particular POE.

Just my educated guesses on your questions.

Rita
Old Jun 29th 2001, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Damn those INS people are arrogant bastards.
But basically, the "man" I spoke with at INS at the Airport said, yes they do process Immigrants there. And have done so for a long time.
Since British Airways only recently started their direct flights to San Diego from London, I assumed that SD was only recently designated an International airport.
Still, with all the immigrants coming from Asia, I wonder still, why no people reporting POE's as San Diego? I'm mystified. Or is it because everyone loves LAX so much that they have to come in there?
I hate this goverment crap and making 16 phone calls to get one straight answer, instead of the runaround from these pricks who HEAVEN FORBID should do their JOB.

Old Jun 29th 2001, 8:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Because if you are a steady user of the NG you will see all the traffic coming into the US from the various countries from people with K-1s and yet you don't see many reports any more listed on the rolling POE list. Why? Because everyone who gets a K-1, enters at a POE, files for AOS, interviews for greencard, etc. don't bother entering their information on the "official" sites. They think listing their experience here, on the NG, is sufficient and that the person who mans the URL's will cut and paste their experiences into the site.

Why do you think I, like so many others, repeatedly congratulate people and say "remember to post your experience."

But in all honesty, I don't recall anyone coming into the US and using the San Diego Airport as their first stop. If the are coming from Asia, perhaps they landed in Hawaii, or Seattle or Canada even first and then onto SD.

Rita
Old Jun 29th 2001, 8:56 pm
Concierge

BTW Penny aren't you (or your fiancee) UK based? If so how is SD the first stop in the US for the fiancee?

Rita

PS sorry if I have the wrong country.
Old Jun 29th 2001, 9:00 pm
Judy

I also live in San Diego and my fiance is coming here next weekend. We too got this
monosyllablic man on the phone who I know had no clue what a K1 visa is. We even
called back and got the same type of answer. He said yes , we process them but
nothing more. So we decided to land at LAX to be on the safe side

Rete <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 29th 2001, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rita and Judy:
Yes, my fiance is from the UK (as is Judy's). I live in San Diego.
The first stop for him on his visits here previously, has always been Phoenix. Because he always flies British Airways, and that was their first stop , on their flights from Birmingham UK to San Diego.
However, quite recently, BA has started flying non-stop into San Diego out of London, which is very convenient.
I bet I got the same "monosyllabic" guy that Judy spoke with.
Please be assured, we'll post all our Interview experiences as well as POE, and of course all other experiences as we encounter them. I think that's the least I can do after all the help I found from this newsgroup and the faq pages.
Thanks for all your help!
Old Jun 30th 2001, 1:58 am
Concierge

Wow. All I can say, "That is one hell of a long flight!"

Rita