Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried this?

Wikiposts

Has anyone tried this?

Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

jimcheal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
I need to understand this because at the moment it makes no sense.

You are married and have a child and live in SC. You have a GC and work in a school in SC.

You go back to the UK every so often and tell them you reside there (giving a family members address) to get cheap prescription drugs, medical treatment and dental work.

Which part of lying to the authorities about where you reside and getting medical and dental work and prescriptions under fraudulent circumstances doesn't make you a criminal?

The second thing I don't understand is if I don't do this, condone it any way or promote it, how am I a hipocrite.

I am not the one that is charged with being a moral guardian of our youth.

I really don't care if you do it, you are "grown" man who makes his own decisions and must live by them, but don't come crying fowl when you get caught in this fraudulent act and cannot get your citizenship (and the way this government is going about immigrants with convictions) deported don't say weren't warned, even if it was by a self righteous arsehole!

Patrick

PS

The same sort of fun you have when using racist terms i imagine, just for a laugh???

If you ever infer I am a racist or use racist terms again I will hit you so hard you will starve to death before you stop rolling!

There is a world of difference between me thinking what you are doing is stupid because of consequences of your actions if you ever get caught and making racist jibes, even in jest. Even someone with moral values as low as yours should know that.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

jimcheal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
I need to understand this because at the moment it makes no sense.

You are married and have a child and live in SC. You have a GC and work in a school in SC.

You go back to the UK every so often and tell them you reside there (giving a family members address) to get cheap prescription drugs, medical treatment and dental work.

Which part of lying to the authorities about where you reside and getting medical and dental work and prescriptions under fraudulent circumstances doesn't make you a criminal?

The second thing I don't understand is if I don't do this, condone it any way or promote it, how am I a hipocrite.

I am not the one that is charged with being a moral guardian of our youth.

I really don't care if you do it, you are "grown" man who makes his own decisions and must live by them, but don't come crying fowl when you get caught in this fraudulent act and cannot get your citizenship (and the way this government is going about immigrants with convictions) deported don't say weren't warned, even if it was by a self righteous arsehole!

Patrick

PS

The same sort of fun you have when using racist terms i imagine, just for a laugh???

If you ever infer I am a racist or use racist terms again I will hit you so hard you will starve to death before you stop rolling!

There is a world of difference between me thinking what you are doing is stupid because of consequences of your actions if you ever get caught and making racist jibes, even in jest. Even someone with moral values as low as yours should know that.
Hi Patrick,
Listen mate, I've really enjoyed your posts in the past, infact I have even acted on the advice you have given me and you've always come up trumps. Don't get drawn in mate, the prat is obviously trying to wind you up, and the fact that you are now using foul lauguage is proof he's getting to you, chill man:lecture:
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Has anyone tried this?

Originally posted by adamfdz
Yes mate,
I have done it and would recommend on doing it. I simply called my local NHS dentist in the UK agreed to the extra bit i have to pay for dental work and scheduled a date a few weeks later, bought my ticket and had a crown done in the UK...cheaper than the $1200 for here! I also went to the GP, stocked up on 6 months supply of my prescriptions and got immunizations. I simply state i am an independent consultant and my work takes me all over the world. I use my Nan's address in the UK and have a UK drivers licence at that address. Both GP and dentist couldn't give a toss where i live.
Do yourself a favour and say bollocks to rip off medical prices, i'll be fu**ed if i am going to pay for my dentists new mercedes benz in the USA.

Check out internet flights, US Airways has a special to london right now for a few hundred bucks and enjoy eastenders while you recover from your dental work!

Cheers and good luck!!!!

Now this is my kind of poster! Never mind the moral correctness, careful what you say - don't upset anyone etc... using the forum as it should be and saying it like it is

I have never thought about returning to the UK for treatment before and don't think I would go 'out of my way' to return, however if I was in the UK for a visit anyway, I would probably consider going for a check up to the Doc and the Dentist after reading this, as private UK is obviously cheaper than private US.

p.s. someone mentioned veneers earlier in the thread. I'm currently half way through veneer treatment here in the UK (they shaved the tooth and did impressions/colourmatch last week and are sticking the veneer on next week). Anyway - it's a front tooth and so you know, It's being done under the NHS but I still have to pay as it's more cosmetic than essential - £70.00 is the total cost.
I can not believe $400 for 2 fillings (incl check ups etc...!!!) That's a 'lick your finger and stick it in the air' sounding price IMO

Last edited by whatever; Oct 14th 2003 at 12:32 am.