Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried this?

Wikiposts

Has anyone tried this?

Old Oct 10th 2003, 3:19 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

You really must learn the difference between flaming and arguing, my post had a point and an argument, and the fact that I called you stupid was, apart from fun, to make a point in the argument.

I was wrong to call you stupid and I appologise, obviously stupid criminals get caught and you have set up a web of lies so that you won't get caught so easily. Indeed you are a clever criminal, taking the time and forthought to set things up in the UK to cover your story.

I had already reported you and yosser to the moderator as I believe what you are promoting is not only immoral but also illegal and has no place on this forum. If you reported everyone who thought you where stupid for what you are trying to pull there would only be you and Yosser on the NG.

I think it is far too late for you to take the moral high ground when you have already told everyone how you are cheating the system by lying to the NHS and telling them you still live in the UK so you can get drugs and treatment on the cheap while living here. So please, forward my comments to moderator on how I am offended by you promoting illegal acts on this forum.

The last thing I am is a snob, I have a strong lancashire accent for a start. I am someone who takes offence at cheats and liars though. If you are offended by me calling you stupid (and think it is slanderous) I shall just call you a cheat and liar, as this is exactly what you are you can have no complaints, it is not slander if it is the truth.

I do find it strange that you have no problem lying and cheating and breaking the law but you get offended when someone calls what your doing stupid. Thank God you don't teach in NC, I wouldn't want someone of such low moral character in the local school system.

You may be an ex officer but you are by no means a gentleman.

Patrick

BTW - For your 411 Mr Degrees from Oxford and ex-RN Officer, slander is the spoken word and libel is the written word. And you think you’re not stupid, you really do yourself a disservice.

Originally posted by adamfdz
Patrick,
I especially do not like the offensive comments made about myself and yosser. How dare you refer to me as being stupid. I am making a formal complaint to the moderator on your slanderous language. For your and any other persons information: I have an undergraduate and masters degree from Oxford, am an ex-RN Officer-so not that stupid, and had hoped to escape the snobbery of certain Brits. My use of the vernacular when conversing exclusively with yosser, and your derision of it only disgusts me that where ever narrow minded individuals like you choose to live in the world, the old snobbery can never be left behind. One can indeed type and converse as if one is not from the east end, but not being ashamed of my cultural heritage do not seek to hide it, mate.

It is true that the state of medicine here is rediculous and if i can save money (as i too have a young family) by seeking treatment in the UK, as a registered income tax, national insurance, council tax and income tax from my savings in the UK payer, i bloody well will do. The relationship i have with my GP is by no means 'illegal' as some have stated, and for me saves me about $2000 a year in drug costs. The last i will say is that all of you condeming the likes of yosser and I are all hipocrites. If you were diagnosed with cancer or needed an organ transplant you would be on the first plane back to the UK, FYI average breast cancer treatment cost-around $250,000 so with an 80/20 plan you would pay $50,000 and organ transplant plus anti-rejection drugs about $500,000.

Patrick please do not contemplate flaming me i will simply forward all your comments to the moderator.

Last edited by Patrick; Oct 12th 2003 at 6:59 am.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 12:31 am
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS

If you need emergency treatment what will you do? You could be dead by the time you get back to the UK. You would have to have US emergency treatment and probably follow-up care too, as you would be too ill to travel in all likelihood. That could end up costing you your home. I would suggest taking out better medical insurance, even if it costs more. Having to pay 20% is ridiculous.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHS

Originally posted by MrsLondon
If you need emergency treatment what will you do? You could be dead by the time you get back to the UK. You would have to have US emergency treatment and probably follow-up care too, as you would be too ill to travel in all likelihood. That could end up costing you your home. I would suggest taking out better medical insurance, even if it costs more. Having to pay 20% is ridiculous.

Be a man, play rugby & lose all your teeth that way, problem solved.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 1:28 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

adamfdz you say your relastionship with you gp is not illegal so why do you need to say quote "working abroad story" if you have a right to it why do you need to lie. so hey guess what you are committing fraud however you dress it up. and so is your gp.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 2:23 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

As a UK citizen yorkie, you will never be denied NHS treatment. Under the european union convention on human rights (1998) i believe it is, no member state is allowed to deny medical treatment to a citizen of any member country, so your NHS treatment as a British citizen is guaranteed. Under the Europe act of 1972 (signed by HM governemnt), any law signed into being by the at that time council of europe, now superceeded by the EU court on human rights and european commission takes precedence over national laws of member states. My NHS treatment should i need it, is not a worry to me as it is covered by the aforementioned convention.
Yes but it is not free, under any countries laws you can never be denied emergency medical treatment (its called the hypocratic oath).

If you are not a resident of that country you are not entitled to medical cover under their NHS. If you go on vacation to Italy and break a leg you will be treated but have to pay for it unless you take an E111 or medical insurance. You can't just wander round europe getting medical treatment!

If you leave the UK and reside in another country you have to return your NHS card, this now stops you being automatically entitled to free NHS treatment and you are subject to rules that any other foreigner is.

You are making NI contributions soley for your pension, you cannot justify going back to the UK to use the NHS by saying I pay NI. You are paying a reduced rate soley for your pension.

There is always one person who will abuse the system to their own ends and find a way to justify it.

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick; Oct 11th 2003 at 11:31 am.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 8:07 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

By sheer coincidence, in yesterdays post I received NI38 from the Inland revenue (about 6 months after initially requesting it!). It says very very little about healthcare - basically what Patrick has said above - reciprocal cover while abroad in EEA countries, and bugger all else. Patrick is correct in saying that healthcare is not contingent on NI contributions, but IS contingent upon where you are ordinarily resident - ie once we become O.R. in the US, we are not entitled to free healthcare in the UK, but once (if) we become O.R in the UK again, we automatically become eligible again, irrespective of any NI contributions or lack thereof while we've been away.

If we make contributions while overseas:-
Class 1 contributions cover Maternity, jobseekers allowance, incapacity benefit, bereavement benefit, basic retirement and additional retirement pension. Class 2 (voluntary) cover all the above except job seekers and ARP. Class 3 (voluntary) covers only basic pension and bereavement benefits.

Voluntary class 2 contributions are £6.85 a week, £356/year (or they are for me anyway) so guess its basically down to the individual to assess value for money or otherwise....
Old Oct 11th 2003, 8:53 am

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Yosser
The thread is legitimate, I am not playing 2 people, I was just saying it was nice to get a reaction from you Patrick...

I feel truly honored.
Ummm Why?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

adamfdz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
Yes but it is not free, under any countries laws you can never be denied emergency medical treatment (its called the hypocratic oath).

The hippocratic oath (check our spelling next time) is by no means any leagal contract, infact only about 40% of newly qualifying doctors take it. It is merely symbolic

If you are not a resident of that country you are not entitled to medical cover under their NHS. If you go on vacation to Italy and break a leg you will be treated but have to pay for it unless you take an E111 or medical insurance. You can't just wander round europe getting medical treatment!

Being a little lax in the old argument department here aren't we? How can you get treatment using an E111, if you are no longer resident in the UK? You contradict yourself.

If you leave the UK and reside in another country you have to return your NHS card, this now stops you being automatically entitled to free NHS treatment and you are subject to rules that any other foreigner is.

Bollocks, do you think if you go to the UK, break your leg and go to the local hospital you will be billed for it??? I don't think so, or maybe being the patron saint of purity, truth and morality you will say i must pay for it and cough up. Don't take the piss Patrick, of course you won't.

You are making NI contributions soley for your pension, you cannot justify going back to the UK to use the NHS by saying I pay NI. You are paying a reduced rate soley for your pension.

I have a private pension and do assume i will ever get the state pension. I pay NI through my employment and taxes i pay thereby.

There is always one person who will abuse the system to their own ends and find a way to justify it.

Has your lesson ended you self righteous wanker? I just hope you never need major sugery for something and end up having to sell your house, because the truth is, as painful as it is to admit you WILL be on the first flight to the UK for treatment on the NHS as will every other brit with mediocre medical insurance, myself included.

Patrick
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick
You really must learn the difference between flaming and arguing, my post had a point and an argument, and the fact that I called you stupid was, apart from fun, to make a point in the argument.

The same sort of fun you have when using racist terms i imagine, just for a laugh???

I was wrong to call you stupid and I appologise, obviously stupid criminals get caught and you have set up a web of lies so that you won't get caught so easily. Indeed you are a clever criminal, taking the time and forthought to set things up in the UK to cover your story.

A criminal...**** you, you self righteous hipocrite.

I had already reported you and yosser to the moderator as I believe what you are promoting is not only immoral but also illegal and has no place on this forum. If you reported everyone who thought you where stupid for what you are trying to pull there would only be you and Yosser on the NG.

Thank you for safeguarding our morality saint patrick

I think it is far too late for you to take the moral high ground when you have already told everyone how you are cheating the system by lying to the NHS and telling them you still live in the UK so you can get drugs and treatment on the cheap while living here. So please, forward my comments to moderator on how I am offended by you promoting illegal acts on this forum.

The last thing I am is a snob, I have a strong lancashire accent for a start. I am someone who takes offence at cheats and liars though. If you are offended by me calling you stupid (and think it is slanderous) I shall just call you a cheat and liar, as this is exactly what you are you can have no complaints, it is not slander if it is the truth.

I do find it strange that you have no problem lying and cheating and breaking the law but you get offended when someone calls what your doing stupid. Thank God you don't teach in NC, I wouldn't want someone of such low moral character in the local school system.

Were you a former Tory MP, the rhetoric seems familiar. I'm sure NC thanks you for being their moral compass.

You may be an ex officer but you are by no means a gentleman.

Go and **** yourself, the insults won't work.

Patrick

BTW - For your 411 Mr Degrees from Oxford and ex-RN Officer, slander is the spoken word and libel is the written word. And you think you’re not stupid, you really do yourself a disservice.

The actual description of slander is 'utter falsehood with malice'. I suggest you swallow a different sort of dictionary next time. Maybe your picture dictionary is due for retirement?
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:03 am
Pagan Sex God

The hippocratic oath (check our spelling next time)

- lets not go there, you make lots of spelling errors, I am not a teacher!

Being a little lax in the old argument department here aren't we? How can you get treatment using an E111, if you are no longer resident in the UK? You contradict yourself.

I was covering all options (people who live in the UK going abroad) because someone would have made the point about travelling around europe from the UK and only needing a E111.

Bollocks, do you think if you go to the UK, break your leg and go to the local hospital you will be billed for it??? I don't think so, or maybe being the patron saint of purity, truth and morality you will say i must pay for it and cough up. Don't take the piss Patrick, of course you won't.

Yes you will, if you are not a resident of the UK and do not have health insurance you will be billed. What do think you can wander round the world getting free medical cover.

Has your lesson ended you self righteous wanker? I just hope you never need major sugery for something and end up having to sell your house, because the truth is, as painful as it is to admit you WILL be on the first flight to the UK for treatment on the NHS as will every other brit with mediocre medical insurance, myself included.

No I won't.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:14 am
Pagan Sex God

A criminal...**** you, you self righteous hipocrite.
I need to understand this because at the moment it makes no sense.

You are married and have a child and live in SC. You have a GC and work in a school in SC.

You go back to the UK every so often and tell them you reside there (giving a family members address) to get cheap prescription drugs, medical treatment and dental work.

Which part of lying to the authorities about where you reside and getting medical and dental work and prescriptions under fraudulent circumstances doesn't make you a criminal?

The second thing I don't understand is if I don't do this, condone it any way or promote it, how am I a hipocrite.

I am not the one that is charged with being a moral guardian of our youth.

I really don't care if you do it, you are "grown" man who makes his own decisions and must live by them, but don't come crying fowl when you get caught in this fraudulent act and cannot get your citizenship (and the way this government is going about immigrants with convictions) deported don't say weren't warned, even if it was by a self righteous arsehole!

Patrick

PS

The same sort of fun you have when using racist terms i imagine, just for a laugh???

If you ever infer I am a racist or use racist terms again I will hit you so hard you will starve to death before you stop rolling!

There is a world of difference between me thinking what you are doing is stupid because of consequences of your actions if you ever get caught and making racist jibes, even in jest. Even someone with moral values as low as yours should know that.

Last edited by Patrick; Oct 12th 2003 at 11:32 am.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Patrick
I need to understand this because at the moment it makes no sense.

You are married and have a child and live in SC. You have a GC and work in a school in SC.

You go back to the UK every so often and tell them you reside there (giving a family members address) to get cheap prescription drugs, medical treatment and dental work.

Which part of lying to the authorities about where you reside and getting medical and dental work and prescriptions under fraudulent circumstances doesn't make you a criminal?

The second thing I don't understand is if I don't do this, condone it any way or promote it, how am I a hipocrite.

I am not the one that is charged with being a moral guardian of our youth.

I really don't care if you do it, you are "grown" man who makes his own decisions and must live by them, but don't come crying fowl when you get caught in this fraudulent act and cannot get your citizenship (and the way this government is going about immigrants with convictions) deported don't say weren't warned, even if it was by a self righteous arsehole!

Patrick

PS

If you ever infer I am a racist or use racist terms again I will hit you so hard you will starve to death before you stop rolling!

There is a world of difference between me thinking what you are doing is stupid because of consequences of your actions if you ever get caught and making racist jibes, even in jest. Even someone with moral values as low as yours should know that.
OK, last post as this is getting boring. The verbal I can take take, but the violence, well as my old school boxing champ, and RN boxer, i'd love 2 minutes in the ring with you. Violence as confucious said, is the only way left to a man of little brain. Try and keep a little perspective though, this whole thing has descended from some light banter on NHS treatment, to you making violent threats against me. It seems rather juvenile doesn't it? Reply all you like Patrick, i shan't, but remember: let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and i doubt you are without sin. I hope for your sake you never are ill. Wouldn't want to be a hipocrite now................
Old Oct 13th 2003, 12:58 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I hadn't actually thought about going back to use the NHS for cheap/free treatment. Like most people I am covered by medical insurance here. However this thread has made me wonder about residency. I own a home in UK, it is still the family home as my older kids live there, I pay a mortgage in my name, I still pay community charge and all bills there are in my name. Obviously I'm not a resident but I do have a residence there. I still have some mail go there. I am still on the electoral role and can vote by proxy. I don't pay NI any more but now wondering (thank you Yorkiabroad) if I should do that. So what rights do I have in the UK? Just curious if anyone knows.

Maggie
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:28 am
Pagan Sex God

OK, last post as this is getting boring. The verbal I can take take, but the violence, well as my old school boxing champ, and RN boxer, i'd love 2 minutes in the ring with you. Violence as confucious said, is the only way left to a man of little brain. Try and keep a little perspective though, this whole thing has descended from some light banter on NHS treatment, to you making violent threats against me. It seems rather juvenile doesn't it? Reply all you like Patrick, i shan't, but remember: let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and i doubt you are without sin. I hope for your sake you never are ill. Wouldn't want to be a hipocrite now................

Its getting boring because you have no defense against what you are doing. Yes I am unhappy at you inferring I am a racist but if you took that as threat against you then you are dumber than I thought.

I too was Army boxing champ, as well as the army cycling champion and 3rd in the cross country so I can both fight and run.

As I said I don't care if you commit criminal acts I don't agree with you telling people how they can commit them. Trouble is you are far too arrogant to listen.

Of course I have sinned, I go to mass every Sunday because I am a sinner, we are all sinners. The difference is I don't build elaborate webs of lies and set up false residencies to commit my sins.

Patrick
Old Oct 13th 2003, 5:47 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

thanks anyways for making me have a good laugh Adam, sorry that you have entered into these forums to be confronted by a loud mouth like Patrick that goes on and on about decite and fraud, when all you have to do is look at his very first post, it tells you everything about the arrogant asshole.

enough said!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.