Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried this?

Wikiposts

Has anyone tried this?

Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

adamfdz is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by adamfdz

About the bill for the telly yosser. When i get bills like that for a buck or two, i tend to write to the offending company, tell them to shove it and also say i am a reporter for the "Times of London", they hate bad PR and will quickly **** off upon hearing that. It works EVERY time....
Old Oct 9th 2003, 6:56 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

what your doing is illegal but i guess if you don't have a problem thats fine. but your doctor isn't a very good one if he is willing to prescribe repeat medication without seeing you on a long term basis. so i guess you should be more worried about his motives. and you health. than saving money and screwing the british goverment. paying national insurance doesn't just cover the health service. i am sure you will claim a pension in years to come, where do you think that money comes from?

Patients travelling abroad for extended periods

It is becoming much more common for patients to travel abroad for extended periods. Doctors are often unsure about repeat prescribing for these patients and what medical care is available in other countries.

Patients travelling abroad should always have clear information about any existing medical conditions & medications and should keep a written record. This may be required in order to export their medication or to bring it back into the UK. The generic names, as well as the trade names, may be required in order to accurately identify any medicines.

In relation to NHS prescribing, doctors should not provide an NHS script for conditions that may possibly arise whilst the patient is away, such as traveller's diarrhoea.

With regard to repeat prescriptions, for pre-existing conditions, the prescribing interval for any repeat medication should be related to the next time that the medication would normally be reviewed. This should not exceed 13 weeks, even for regular medications.

A patient is technically removed from a GP's list after 13 weeks and the GP should, therefore, no longer be prescribing under the NHS. However if a patient is abroad on an extended stay for holiday or business, the patient is not generally de-registered.

If patients are effectively moving abroad, paragraph 28 of HSC 1999 puts the onus on the patients to inform the relevant authorities if they leave the country for more than 3 months. Patients should surrender their medical cards to the local Services Agency or to the Immigration Officer when they leave the country so that their names can be removed from the GP's list.

Eligibility to receive free medical treatment relates to whether a person is "ordinarily resident" in the United Kingdom. A British resident on an extended holiday or business trip would therefore still count as ordinarily resident. Someone who has effectively emigrated, but returns from time to time to take advantage of free NHS care, would not.

Prescribing long-term for a patient who will not be in contact with the GP could put the doctor at risk of litigation in the event of a medical problem. GPs retain clinical responsibility as long as they are prescribing treatment for their patients. Patients could have a case if they were inadequately monitored and experienced side effects of treatment whilst abroad.

A doctor may believe that the prescribing interval is safe. For example, if the GP would normally prescribe the contraceptive pill or HRT for several months, he or she may feel it is safe to prescribe for several months while the patient is abroad. In the case of long-term and well-established treatment, for example with anti-hypertensive or anti-inflammatory medications, it may be in the patient's best interests to provide adequate supplies of their usual medication.

However, it may be possible to identify whether a particular treatment or suitable alternative is available at the destination abroad. The local Medicines Information Centre should be able to help with this. Patients should then be encouraged to find a doctor at their destination if possible who will assume the continuing responsibility for treating the patient.

Some patients offer to pay for an extended private prescription. However, the GP still retains medico-legal responsibility for this prescription. In addition, under the Terms of Service, a GP may not charge for a private prescription if a patient is registered on his or her NHS list and that treatment would normally be provided under GMS. If the doctor chooses to accept the medico-legal risk, he or she may provide a private prescription free of charge.

If the GP does decide to prescribe for the patient's stay abroad, it is essential to inform the patient of the need to consult a doctor for any regular monitoring, as well as the need to consult a doctor in the event of any unforeseen complications or symptoms.

If a patient is travelling to a remote destination medical supervision may be unavailable, except in the gravest medical emergency. The patient should be aware of the dangers in this situation.

GPs should always seek specific advice from their medical defence organisation if they believe there is a significant medico-legal risk. It may also be wise to ask the patient to sign a disclaimer to the effect that he or she has been fully informed of the potential dangers and accepts the risk involved. The doctor's medical defence organisation could probably advise further on this matter.

The Department of Health has an excellent web site offering authoritative and comprehensive Health Advice for Travellers. Patients should be encouraged to check this out for themselves before travelling abroad.
DOH Health advice for travellers

Country by country advice;
EEA
Non EEA

CED (23/01/03)

Site last updated on : 29th September 2003

Last edited by candy wy.; Oct 9th 2003 at 7:01 am.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:04 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by adamfdz
Originally posted by adamfdz

About the bill for the telly yosser. When i get bills like that for a buck or two, i tend to write to the offending company, tell them to shove it and also say i am a reporter for the "Times of London", they hate bad PR and will quickly **** off upon hearing that. It works EVERY time....
LOL

(I have written that one down for future reference)
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:10 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by candy wy.
what your doing is illegal but i guess if you don't have a problem thats fine. but your doctor isn't a very good one if he is willing to prescribe repeat medication without seeing you on a long term basis. so i guess you should be more worried about his motives. and you health. than saving money and screwing the british goverment. paying national insurance doesn't just cover the health service. i am sure you will claim a pension in years to come, where do you think that money comes from?

Patients travelling abroad for extended periods

It is becoming much more common for patients to travel abroad for extended periods. Doctors are often unsure about repeat prescribing for these patients and what medical care is available in other countries.

Patients travelling abroad should always have clear information about any existing medical conditions & medications and should keep a written record. This may be required in order to export their medication or to bring it back into the UK. The generic names, as well as the trade names, may be required in order to accurately identify any medicines.

In relation to NHS prescribing, doctors should not provide an NHS script for conditions that may possibly arise whilst the patient is away, such as traveller's diarrhoea.

With regard to repeat prescriptions, for pre-existing conditions, the prescribing interval for any repeat medication should be related to the next time that the medication would normally be reviewed. This should not exceed 13 weeks, even for regular medications.

A patient is technically removed from a GP's list after 13 weeks and the GP should, therefore, no longer be prescribing under the NHS. However if a patient is abroad on an extended stay for holiday or business, the patient is not generally de-registered.

If patients are effectively moving abroad, paragraph 28 of HSC 1999 puts the onus on the patients to inform the relevant authorities if they leave the country for more than 3 months. Patients should surrender their medical cards to the local Services Agency or to the Immigration Officer when they leave the country so that their names can be removed from the GP's list.

Eligibility to receive free medical treatment relates to whether a person is "ordinarily resident" in the United Kingdom. A British resident on an extended holiday or business trip would therefore still count as ordinarily resident. Someone who has effectively emigrated, but returns from time to time to take advantage of free NHS care, would not.

Prescribing long-term for a patient who will not be in contact with the GP could put the doctor at risk of litigation in the event of a medical problem. GPs retain clinical responsibility as long as they are prescribing treatment for their patients. Patients could have a case if they were inadequately monitored and experienced side effects of treatment whilst abroad.

A doctor may believe that the prescribing interval is safe. For example, if the GP would normally prescribe the contraceptive pill or HRT for several months, he or she may feel it is safe to prescribe for several months while the patient is abroad. In the case of long-term and well-established treatment, for example with anti-hypertensive or anti-inflammatory medications, it may be in the patient's best interests to provide adequate supplies of their usual medication.

However, it may be possible to identify whether a particular treatment or suitable alternative is available at the destination abroad. The local Medicines Information Centre should be able to help with this. Patients should then be encouraged to find a doctor at their destination if possible who will assume the continuing responsibility for treating the patient.

Some patients offer to pay for an extended private prescription. However, the GP still retains medico-legal responsibility for this prescription. In addition, under the Terms of Service, a GP may not charge for a private prescription if a patient is registered on his or her NHS list and that treatment would normally be provided under GMS. If the doctor chooses to accept the medico-legal risk, he or she may provide a private prescription free of charge.

If the GP does decide to prescribe for the patient's stay abroad, it is essential to inform the patient of the need to consult a doctor for any regular monitoring, as well as the need to consult a doctor in the event of any unforeseen complications or symptoms.

If a patient is travelling to a remote destination medical supervision may be unavailable, except in the gravest medical emergency. The patient should be aware of the dangers in this situation.

GPs should always seek specific advice from their medical defence organisation if they believe there is a significant medico-legal risk. It may also be wise to ask the patient to sign a disclaimer to the effect that he or she has been fully informed of the potential dangers and accepts the risk involved. The doctor's medical defence organisation could probably advise further on this matter.

The Department of Health has an excellent web site offering authoritative and comprehensive Health Advice for Travellers. Patients should be encouraged to check this out for themselves before travelling abroad.
DOH Health advice for travellers

Country by country advice;
EEA
Non EEA

CED (23/01/03)

Site last updated on : 29th September 2003

Load of bollocks matey...
If you were in the worst agony and was facing a bill for thousands and thousands of dollars....WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

would you refer to paragraph 28 of HSC 1999 or find a way to get yourself fixed?

****ing shite man.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:19 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I found this for you.....http://www.doh.gov.uk/overseasvisitors/leaflet.pdf Seems it is OK , so long as you haven't been out of the country for more than 5 years.
So I was wrong.... in part. I still believe though, that if you smudge the truth about where you live, how long you've been away etc, and get treatment that you would otherwise be not entitled to, that is fraud.
Hospital treatment is free to people who live in the United Kingdom (UK) If you do not normally live here then you may be asked to pay for any treatment you may need. This is regardless of whether you are a British Citizen or have lived or worked here in the past.
Further on it says
People entitled to full NHS Hospital treatment - the spouses and children are also entitled.
Anyone who is employed overseas and who has lived in the UK for ten continuous years and (1)has not been out of the UK for more than 5 years....blah blah blah
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:22 am
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
I found this for you.....http://www.doh.gov.uk/overseasvisitors/leaflet.pdf Seems it is OK , so long as you haven't been out of the country for more than 5 years.
So I was wrong.... in part. I still believe though, that if you smudge the truth about where you live, how long you've been away etc, and get treatment that you would otherwise be not entitled to, that is fraud.

Further on it says
Thank You LOTL...

just what the doctor ordered
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:25 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

This is a comedy thread right. This is script from Eastenders someone has picked up and is playing two characters, Yosser and Adam! It must be because no two people are so STUPID in real life. It even reads like two uneducated East End morons!

If you live in America you accept the price of medicine, for ****s sake you guys spend so much time going on about how cheap everything from SUV's to coffee are over here, yet you are unwilling to accept the down side to the extent you would risk prison, not being able to be a dual citizen and possibly deportation!

People go on and on about how expensive the UK is and the tax they pay which pays for the NHS and schooling. You then praise america for being cheap but complain about the healthcare and schooling. You can't have it both ways!

If you learn one thing in life its you can't beat the system, somewhere on your wifes entry sheet into hospital it would of said TV in the room was a seperate charge not covered by the insurance and by using it you assume the costs. If your too dumb to read the admittance form what do you expect?

I'm sorry to say to the rest of you guys, if you moved over here to escape stupid British people who think they should have everything for free, not earn it or pay for it and love the Nanny state rather than making their own way, then the bastards have found a way to migrate!

Patrick
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:26 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

you choose to live in a country that doesn't have free health care why should the country you chose to leave have to still treat you when you decide its to exspensive to have it done in the country you choose to live in. why should the british people who are still paying national insurance sibsidise you. you talk about your doctor still gives you medication you are helping him to screw the goverment. because as long as you are on his practise list he get xxxamount of pounds for you just being on his list. and you ask what i would do if i was in agony i would do what most people here do go the doctor, hospital, get treated, pay the bill. both my children have needed glasses since arriving here and at $300 a time its exspensive but it was my choice to live here. i could of got them free in the uk. that thought never crossed my mind. so as they say when rome do what the romams do!!!!!!
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:27 am
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by Patrick
This is a comedy thread right. This is script from Eastenders someone has picked up and is playing two characters, Yosser and Adam! It must be because no two people are so STUPID in real life. It even reads like two uneducated East End morons!

If you live in America you accept the price of medicine, for ****s sake you guys spend so much time going on about how cheap everything from SUV's to coffee are over here, yet you are unwilling to accept the down side to the extent you would risk prison, not being able to be a dual citizen and possibly deportation!

People go on and on about how expensive the UK is and the tax they pay which pays for the NHS and schooling. You then praise america for being cheap but complain about the healthcare and schooling. You can't have it both ways!

If you learn one thing in life its you can't beat the system, somewhere on your wifes entry sheet into hospital it would of said TV in the room was a seperate charge not covered by the insurance and by using it you assume the costs. If your too dumb to read the admittance form what do you expect?

I'm sorry to say to the rest of you guys, if you moved over here to escape stupid British people who think they should have everything for free, not earn it or pay for it and love the Nanny state rather than making their own way, then the bastards have found a way to migrate!

Patrick

At last...I got a reaction.....bout time.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:28 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yosser
At last...I got a reaction.....bout time.
So this whole thing was to wind people up. Twat
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:31 am
staying around

Twat

not heard that saying for a long time
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:31 am
Never right in the head!

So this whole thing was to wind people up. Twat
Nope, just to wind up people like you, ****ing dickhead.
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:41 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick
Patrick's pretty much summed up what was on my mind. The US is certainly no picnic for medical care and insurance but it's part of life in the US, no matter how many of its residents (legal and otherwise) can/cannot afford to pay for it.

When it comes to one's health, I'm of the opinion that prevention is better than cure so if I've got any need to see a doctor, I'll see one sooner rather than later, even if it means seeing one in the US (and I have to "swallow hard" at US prices).

Actually, I'm going for an eye exam this Saturday at my local Lenscrafters affiliated optometrist. The exam will cost a minimum of $79 but could be as much as $120 (from what I've been told). I don't have cover for eyecare. I remember that I had my last eye test in Lenscrafters too, in London (big branch on Piccadilly near the Japan Centre). It cost me L20.00!!

I expect that the equipment used will be no different to what was used in my UK eye exam. Maybe the exam itself will be more thorough. I'll see (no pun intended)...

NC Penguin
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:42 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need some anger control management. What can your UK GP prescribe for that?

NC Penguin
Old Oct 9th 2003, 7:44 am
Pagan Sex God

You start an antagonistic thread and play two people on it just to get a reaction out of someone and you have the balls to call someone else a dickhead. Have a word with yourself, your a bitter and twisted individual and should divert your energy into something productive.

If you are compensating for something by doing this I get at least 3 emails a day on how to make your penis bigger, you would have to take off your hat to rub the cream on though.

Patrick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.