Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard of the new movie "Green Card Fever"?

Has anyone heard of the new movie "Green Card Fever"?

Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:57 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone heard of the new movie "Green Card Fever"?

I was just searching Yahoo for the movie "Green Card" to show to my husband because he hadn't heard of it (since we're going throuhg the whole marriage process and I wanted to giggle with him about the sillyness of the movie), and stumbled across this new movie called "Green Card Fever" that apparently came out this August. Apparently it's an Indian-American movie and according to this one website the moviegoers that rated it either absolutely hated it or absolutely loved it (rating it either 0 or 8/9). http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/greencardfever/

Summary from another website (http://www.apunkachoice.com/movies/mov310/):

Green Card Fever (General Movie ,)

Starring: Vikram Dasu .... Purva Bedi ....

Synopsis
‘Green Card Fever’ is a romantic comedy strewn with some satirical drama. The movie takes a tongue-in-cheek look into the lives of legal and illegal immigrants in America.

The film tells the story of a young immigrant from India (Vikram Dasu) who has overstayed his US visa, and is looking for some easy way to get the US citizenship.

Full of dreams to make it big in the land of opportunities, he has nobody to rely on but his newfound friends who talk loud and are continuously doling out suggestions to him on how to acquire a green card. The gullible hero takes their advice and what follows is a comical and poignant sequence of adventures.

His friends tell him that "the fastest way to get anything done in America is to sue somebody" - and is led to believe that he can obtain a 'Green Card' by suing his lawyer (Deep Katdare). He is further spurred by the stories of a "famous hot coffee cup spilling case" where he is told that a court awarded the plaintiff a million dollars.

However, our hero’s plans soon begin to go haywire after the young lad falls for a beautiful girl (Purva Bedi). His short route to the "higher life" in America becomes full of hurdles as he encounters Love, Lies and The Law in his pursuit to live legally in America.

On one hand, there is the beautiful girl he is falling in love with. And on the other is the comforting prospect of returning home to India. Which way will he take?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:06 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

I guess maybe I should have posted this in the US Immigration forum instead.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:38 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone heard of the new movie "Green Card Fever"?

Originally posted by Steffi

On one hand, there is the beautiful girl he is falling in love with. And on the other is the comforting prospect of returning home to India. Which way will he take?
I have just been to seven-eleven so I can answer that question!

Patrick