Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has anybody used MoneyCorp?

Has anybody used MoneyCorp?

Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Barbara1133 is on a distinguished road
Default Has anybody used MoneyCorp?

I've set up accounts with XE.com and Moneycorp. Moneycorp seems easier, but I wonder if anybody here has used their services yet?

Just wondering.

Thanks!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 6:05 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anybody used MoneyCorp?

Hi Barbara,

I've never used MoneyCorp but am just curious as to why you say that it is easier than XE.com? I use XE.com regularly and think it's super-easy.

Thanks,

Denise
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:46 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the ad on here and wondered about them too.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DDL View Post
Hi Barbara,

I've never used MoneyCorp but am just curious as to why you say that it is easier than XE.com? I use XE.com regularly and think it's super-easy.

Thanks,

Denise
XE was so much more complicated to sign up with. I guess their instructions just seem more involved than MoneyCorp. I'll have to look at XE.com again. I'm glad you find it super-easy - that makes me feel more inclined to try them. On the face, it just seemed somewhat complicated to use XE.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Moneycorp were excellent. Friendly professional service. Explained everything. Didn't try to pressure me into a decision (which is more than can be said for Halo). I agreed the rate at which I was going to buy my currency and that was put on automatic buy incase the rate came up overnight. It did and the broker phoned me in the morning to tell me so. Woo hoo !
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I have used moneycorp about 4 times now and they have always been great. I first heard of them when I went to a show about emigrating in england, they had a stand setup there and we had a great chat with the lady there.

They have always been very proffesional and always done exactly what they have promised exactly when they have promised it, never had any problems and I will be using them again
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:58 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

So do you have to make MoneyCorp transfers by phone, by actually talking to someone?

Everything on XE.com is done online. For example, when I want to make a transfer from my US bank account to my UK bank account, I just type in how much I want to transfer, tick the appropriate accounts, and the exchange rate is shown and I have 'x' amount of time (I can't remember what it is, a couple of minutes) to complete the transaction at that particular exchange rate. If it times-out for some reason, you just start again.

Never, ever had any problems. Just don't like the fact that it takes about a week for the money to be posted into my account. Maybe MoneyCorp is quicker?
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

With money corp you speak to them on the phone, they send you the forms to sign and email back to them, you then transfer payment and they transfer it to the other end. It can take up to a week as well
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

This is exactly the information I was looking for! Thanks so much, everyone. I think I will experiment with both.

2-1/2 weeks to go......