British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Has anybody used MoneyCorp? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/has-anybody-used-moneycorp-725743/)

Barbara1133 Jul 21st 2011 6:38 am

Has anybody used MoneyCorp?

I've set up accounts with XE.com and Moneycorp. Moneycorp seems easier, but I wonder if anybody here has used their services yet?

Just wondering.

Thanks!

DDL Jul 21st 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Has anybody used MoneyCorp?

Hi Barbara,

I've never used MoneyCorp but am just curious as to why you say that it is easier than XE.com? I use XE.com regularly and think it's super-easy.

Thanks,

Denise

Mummy in the foothills Jul 21st 2011 8:46 pm

I saw the ad on here and wondered about them too.

Barbara1133 Jul 22nd 2011 7:44 am

Originally Posted by DDL (Post 9510101)
Hi Barbara,

I've never used MoneyCorp but am just curious as to why you say that it is easier than XE.com? I use XE.com regularly and think it's super-easy.

Thanks,

Denise

XE was so much more complicated to sign up with. I guess their instructions just seem more involved than MoneyCorp. I'll have to look at XE.com again. I'm glad you find it super-easy - that makes me feel more inclined to try them. On the face, it just seemed somewhat complicated to use XE.:unsure:

Debbie2NZ Jul 22nd 2011 8:45 am

Moneycorp were excellent. Friendly professional service. Explained everything. Didn't try to pressure me into a decision (which is more than can be said for Halo). I agreed the rate at which I was going to buy my currency and that was put on automatic buy incase the rate came up overnight. It did and the broker phoned me in the morning to tell me so. Woo hoo !

dave99 Jul 22nd 2011 1:10 pm

I have used moneycorp about 4 times now and they have always been great. I first heard of them when I went to a show about emigrating in england, they had a stand setup there and we had a great chat with the lady there.

They have always been very proffesional and always done exactly what they have promised exactly when they have promised it, never had any problems and I will be using them again

DDL Jul 22nd 2011 6:58 pm

So do you have to make MoneyCorp transfers by phone, by actually talking to someone?

Everything on XE.com is done online. For example, when I want to make a transfer from my US bank account to my UK bank account, I just type in how much I want to transfer, tick the appropriate accounts, and the exchange rate is shown and I have 'x' amount of time (I can't remember what it is, a couple of minutes) to complete the transaction at that particular exchange rate. If it times-out for some reason, you just start again.

Never, ever had any problems. Just don't like the fact that it takes about a week for the money to be posted into my account. Maybe MoneyCorp is quicker?

dave99 Jul 23rd 2011 4:12 am

With money corp you speak to them on the phone, they send you the forms to sign and email back to them, you then transfer payment and they transfer it to the other end. It can take up to a week as well

Barbara1133 Jul 23rd 2011 4:50 am

This is exactly the information I was looking for! Thanks so much, everyone. I think I will experiment with both.

2-1/2 weeks to go......:ohmy::eek: