Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has America become better or worse since you came?

Has America become better or worse since you came?

Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:17 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has America become better or worse since you came?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Property, land and council taxes are expensive. There is a high ratio of cops...they are always out and about on patrol...something I would have loved to have seen more of in the UK. I'll leave you to draw your own conculsions.
We have 2 serial killers on the loose.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Partystar
We have 2 serial killers on the loose.
OMG...Houston crime rate doubled/tripled with all the nawlins bunch
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:20 pm
Banned

asdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant future

My sister lives in Meyerland in Houston. I went there recently with my mum to see if we all wanted to live there. I didn't like it very much at all. Everybody there looks at you like they want to kill you. We were going to buy a house in Pearland but we decided against it.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:21 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
First job here - No cost for Health ins. Last job was 400/mo.
This year, my company's health insurance costs will be three times what they were in 1999. That shocked me when I found out. The megabuck healthcare system in this country is in dire need of reform, I think they need to introduce more competition into the mix (if you have insurance you really have no idea what things cost). Then again I'm an avowed capitalist.

Last edited by Hiro11; Jul 17th 2006 at 9:24 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by asdasd12345
My sister lives in Meyerland in Houston. I went there recently with my mum to see if we all wanted to live there. I didn't like it very much at all. Everybody there looks at you like they want to kill you. We were going to buy a house in Pearland but we decided against it.
unless you have a pay packet to collect no reason to come to houston...
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Rob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud ofRob B has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dan725
So you think the UK will be better?
Come back to the UK and you will come back to societies becoming increasingly populated by young scoundrels, thugs (chav culture), bums and a increasingly prevalent drinking culture where a night out can't go complete without someone coming home bladdered or stoned. It has been getting worse and worse by every year despite the goverments best efforts, and seeing as the majority are youngsters the future of the culture in this country is rather bleak.

That and the fact you get ripped off everywhere you go, and it always rains on your day off.

The only pull factor for living in this country is the tea and the health service as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by Rob B; Jul 17th 2006 at 9:24 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:24 pm
Banned

asdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant futureasdasd12345 has a brilliant future

Yeah my sister doesn't like it much either. She works at Texas Childrens Cancer hospital, and her husband works at Rice. But I think she is ready to quit her job and they are going to move to Memphis, which I hear is horrid also.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Then again I'm an avowed capitalist.

Very sorry, but only one scum allowed per thread.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:26 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Come back to the UK and you will come back to societies becoming increasingly populated by young scoundrels, thugs (chav culture), bums and a increasingly prevalent drinking culture where a night out can't go complete without someone coming home bladdered or stoned. It has been getting worse and worse by every year despite the goverments best efforts, and seeing as the majority are youngsters the future of the culture in this country is rather bleak.

That and the fact you get ripped off everywhere you go, and it always rains on your day off.

The only pull factor for living in this country is the tea and the health service as far as I am concerned.
Bless you my child. Once you leave you will find far more than tea and healthcare. Good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob B

Typical saying by one who wants to leave You go and look for the grass that is greener, because it's not here.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:34 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hayley
Bless you my child. Once you leave you will find far more than tea and healthcare. Good luck!
How does the song go?! "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone..." - How very true!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:36 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by britvic
Typical saying by one who wants to leave You go and look for the grass that is greener, because it's not here.
Ahhh he'll soon find out for himself & it's true what they say, the best lessons learnt, are the ones we learn for ourselves. Sad, but true!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

We might feel the same about the US when we go back to the UK...that's something that worries me.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:41 pm
Back where I belong!

We might feel the same about the US when we go back to the UK...that's something that worries me.
I don't think that will happen to us, (never say never) after all we've not even been here 2 years yet, England hasn't changed that much since we left. I know I will miss some things from the US, but not too many. I suppose it depends on how much you build something up in your head, we shall see.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

nope that's one thing i will NOT worry about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.