Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:38 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

I'm the first to admit that I'm strange, but I am also well educated. Surely there is room to be both?!?!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm the first to admit that I'm strange, but I am also well educated. Surely there is room to be both?!?!
I'm strange too, but not due to the books I've been reading all these years.....
Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Toontje
Then there must be an awful lot of strange things going on. Fantasy novels are mostly read by well educated people.

Why do you judge people on the books they read? Why don't you accept the fact that everyone is different, and that you cannot expect all people to like the same books/movies that you do? If I like the Harry Potter books/movies, does that make me strange?
Yes.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I loved The Lord of The Rings also, great piece of writing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have our IMAX tickets for this Sunday, I can't wait. Out of all the HP books, I've only read The Goblet of Fire, but as soon as I've seen the movie, I'm going to start reading the next book. Hubby prefers to wait for the movie, so he has no clue what is going to happen, I'm so excited to see it, wooohooo!!!
I laughed at an interview I saw with Peter Jackson after the 2nd film. The question was is there anything at all you can tell us about what will happen in the final movie. He looked at the journalist like he was an imbecile and said yes its the same story as in the book!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Yes.
There's no news, I already admitted that I'm strange.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Great, give away the plot, why don't you.
I've read all six books and knew exactly what was going to happen before I entered the theatre. Didn't stop me from enjoying it one bit. Besides, my review doesn't even begin to hint at all that happens in this film which, btw, last close to three hours.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jabba1
I've read all six books and knew exactly what was going to happen before I entered the theatre. Didn't stop me from enjoying it one bit. Besides, my review doesn't even begin to hint at all that happens in this film which, btw, last close to three hours.
Another good reason to go to see something else in my opinion.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:33 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Then there must be an awful lot of strange things going on. Fantasy novels are mostly read by well educated people.

Why do you judge people on the books they read? Why don't you accept the fact that everyone is different, and that you cannot expect all people to like the same books/movies that you do? If I like the Harry Potter books/movies, does that make me strange?
It's a children's book - 'nuff said
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

My review is....

It will appeal to the audience it is aimed at, which presumably is the bunch of young teenagers sat behind the Memsahib & I all the way through who were crying, cheering, whislting as appropriate.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
Very small minded
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:13 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
...as are many of the classics of British and American literature including, but not limited to, Alice in Wonderland, The Lord of the Rings (Britain's favourite novel in multiple surveys), Huckleberry Finn, Watership Down and many more.

I wouldn't personally include the Harry Potter series in a list of great literature, but to put people down for reading "children's books" is childish and narrow-minded.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dbj1000
...as are many of the classics of British and American literature including, but not limited to, Alice in Wonderland, The Lord of the Rings (Britain's favourite novel in multiple surveys), Huckleberry Finn, Watership Down and many more.

I wouldn't personally include the Harry Potter series in a list of great literature, but to put people down for reading "children's books" is childish and narrow-minded.
Classic greats of the literature world...and Harry Potter. Hmmm nope cant quite get them to connect.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:37 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really looking forward to 'The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe', another British classic!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

I'm really looking forward to 'The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe', another British classic!
...that probably shouldn't be Disneyised.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:41 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
...that probably shouldn't be Disneyised.
I saw a clip of it the other day, looked like The Lord of The Rings to me!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.