British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Harry Enfield on Burger King ads (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/harry-enfield-burger-king-ads-359192/)

BritGuyTN Mar 5th 2006 4:18 am

Harry Enfield on Burger King ads

Just saw him in a advert between SNL sketches

very bizarre

jibsymalone Mar 5th 2006 4:41 am

Re: Harry Enfield on Burger King ads

Yeah i think this has been mentioned somewhere, Dr Cheesy (Not a Real Doctor! (how stupid are people over here that they have to include warnings like this on every commercial! Like the car ones, where the car is speeding round a car park, doing hand brake turns, jumping inbetween buildings, riding on two wheels, etc. and at the bottom they have to say "professional driver, closed circuit, do not attempt!) makes me laugh.) i think Mr Enfield must be short of cash or something, mind you they will not know who he is over here, so it can't be for the sake of having someone 'famous' doing the ad, unless it is being shown in blighty of course. he needs to stick with what he is good at, and not playing some fake doctor with a bad american accent!

(though i do realise the warnings are there to cover their arses, as some t**t would go and drive around like a loon, kill someone and then say "well i did what i saw on the advert!" and expect to get off the charge, and when they don't they will then sue the company for not telling them not to copy it! dumbass moneygrabbers!)

Bob Mar 5th 2006 5:04 am

you'll have patrick all hot and bothered with this one...and deja-vu thread :D

Rushman Mar 5th 2006 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
Yeah i think this has been mentioned somewhere, Dr Cheesy (Not a Real Doctor! (how stupid are people over here that they have to include warnings like this on every commercial! Like the car ones, where the car is speeding round a car park, doing hand brake turns, jumping inbetween buildings, riding on two wheels, etc. and at the bottom they have to say "professional driver, closed circuit, do not attempt!) makes me laugh.) i think Mr Enfield must be short of cash or something, mind you they will not know who he is over here, so it can't be for the sake of having someone 'famous' doing the ad, unless it is being shown in blighty of course. he needs to stick with what he is good at, and not playing some fake doctor with a bad american accent!

You better not be talking about "House". The only programme on this continent worth the effort of hitting the remote control button for.

jibsymalone Mar 6th 2006 3:12 am

Originally Posted by rushman
You better not be talking about "House". The only programme on this continent worth the effort of hitting the remote control button for.

No, i had forgot about Hugh! I also love the TV programme House and of course his accents better than Harry's! ;) But I do find myself laughing at points in the programme where my USC missus just looks at me like i am mad, and then of course does the whole 'lets laugh as well, just to be polite and not to look stupid as there was obviously something funny there I missed!' while still looking completely lost! Bless her! Lol!

Rushman Mar 6th 2006 3:18 am

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
No, i had forgot about Hugh! I also love the TV programme House and of course his accents better than Harry's! ;) But I do find myself laughing at points in the programme where my USC missus just looks at me like i am mad, and then of course does the whole 'lets laugh as well, just to be polite and not to look stupid as there was obviously something funny there I missed!' while still looking completely lost! Bless her! Lol!

Mine does that and I end up laughing even more because she's doing it and doesn't know I know she missed what was funny but by that time I'm laughing at her laughing at something she didn't think was funny.

oh f**k it...I know what I mean.

jibsymalone Mar 6th 2006 3:26 am

Originally Posted by rushman
Mine does that and I end up laughing even more because she's doing it and doesn't know I know she missed what was funny but by that time I'm laughing at her laughing at something she didn't think was funny.

oh f**k it...I know what I mean.

I think I know what you mean, trouble is I find myself having to rewind the show sometimes because i have missed bits through laughing! I also love it because it messes with her head, and the more often it happens the more confused she gets! :D :D