British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Happy St Andrew's Day (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/happy-st-andrews-day-340308/)

joto Nov 30th 2005 11:00 am

Happy St Andrew's Day

To all Scots and Scottish ex pats out there, Happy St Andrews day to you all. No, I won't be eating haggis later, (can't stand the stuff) but I might have a whisky. There is just to much fuss about St Patricks day here so I thought I had better give Scotland's patron saint a mention.

Angry White Pyjamas Nov 30th 2005 11:17 am

Re: Happy St Andrew's Day

Och aye laddy

clydegirl Nov 30th 2005 12:55 pm

Thanks for the reminder I completely forgot :o

tony126 Nov 30th 2005 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by joto
To all Scots and Scottish ex pats out there, Happy St Andrews day to you all. No, I won't be eating haggis later, (can't stand the stuff) but I might have a whisky. There is just to much fuss about St Patricks day here so I thought I had better give Scotland's patron saint a mention.

Not a lot of peole know that. As good an excuse to have a nip as I have had in a long time. Not that I need one.

Glasgowgirl Nov 30th 2005 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by joto
There is just to much fuss about St Patricks day here so I thought I had better give Scotland's patron saint a mention.

Already have the Saltire out on the balcony - 100% sure none of the Americans around here will know what it is though!

Happy St Andrews day to you all!

Big D Nov 30th 2005 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl
Already have the Saltire out on the balcony - 100% sure none of the Americans around here will know what it is though!

Happy St Andrews day to you all!

The St Andrews Cross has been confused with the clan flag down here in Texas apparently - that got some funny looks for the Scots down here!! :D

Glasgowgirl Nov 30th 2005 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Big D
The St Andrews Cross has been confused with the clan flag down here in Texas apparently - that got some funny looks for the Scots down here!! :D

LOL - thanks for the tip. Maybe should think about taking the sticker off my car too!

Big D Nov 30th 2005 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl
LOL - thanks for the tip. Maybe should think about taking the sticker off my car too!

I have a GB sticker and everyone assumes i am a Bush supporter :eek:

DaveC Dec 1st 2005 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Big D
I have a GB sticker and everyone assumes i am a Bush supporter :eek:

I've had that and I've also been asked if I'm a Packers fan.

When we moved over I put a Saltire sticker on the back of our other car. Shortly afterwards, somebody rear ended us. I guess they thought the x was a target :rolleyes:.

Happy St Andrews Day y'all.

John Murray Dec 1st 2005 12:58 am

Time to break out my six-pack of Irn Bru :beer: