Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Happy as a pig in shit!

Happy as a pig in shit!

Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy as a pig in shit!

My Dad was over a couple of weeks ago and he brought us two 2.75kg tins of Roses, a large tin of Cadbury's biscuits, lots of those Vienesse truffle bars from Thorntons and some nice Jaffa style biscuits from M & S.

He also brought Colmans casserole mixes, tea bags and that kind of thing.

I'm going over myself in two weeks and I plan to pack as little as possible so I can fill my cases up with yet more goodies for Christmas.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:35 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ray
They seize them at orlando airport all day long ..
They must not have got that memo at TIA because I got mine through just fine.

Should I expect a dawn raid?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:36 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
$2.50!! no the husband would go menthol, he's already a bit miffed that I've started smoking again.
well no, I was actually gonna charge you $3.50
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
They must not have got that memo at TIA because I got mine through just fine.
Should I expect a dawn raid?
A friend of mine came thru Orlando last week ..and they actually asked if he had OXO cubes .. most likely cos is all tourist
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody at work had one of those Rammon noodle cup thingys that smelt just like a pot noodle. Reminded me how awful they were. Beef noodles with tomato ketchup! :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:51 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Pot Noodles are much nicer than Ramen!!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
A friend of mine came thru Orlando last week ..and they actually asked if he had OXO cubes .. most likely cos is all tourist
Bring em in via Miami...I guess they havent conttoned on down here since our Publix sells them
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I could go for a pot noodle meself. ALways a big dilemma in the student days was chicken n mushroom or beef n tomato ? Aaah 21 again.
nasty....but having said them...the adverts were quality

and the local co-op has some quality noodle dishes, not that there still worth it *l*
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:08 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Yep, Mother was asked at customs (DFW)if she had oxo, she was crapping it, and thought they were going to open the suitcase and steal all the goodies! :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:10 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
Yep, Mother was asked at customs (DFW)if she had oxo, she was crapping it, and thought they were going to open the suitcase and steal all the goodies! :scared:
Ok, I'm wondering this thread and I'm wondering wtf is going on with the oxo cubes ???

Any chance of someone explaining why us customs are interested in them....
please
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:12 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Ok, I'm wondering this thread and I'm wondering wtf is going on with the oxo cubes ???

please
Because when you disolve 'em in hot water and slurpy slurp slurp em down they taste goooooooooood! And they want a hit themselves.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser

my mother once had about 12lb of bacon taken off her you used to be able to bring it it........I miss that
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

please
meat products are banned....there afraid of mad cows....hasn't stopped them electing one for president though
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:15 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
my mother once had about 12lb of bacon taken off her you used to be able to bring it it........I miss that
They make bacon from cows now?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:20 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snowbunny
They make bacon from cows now?
With all that cloning and genetically modified mallarcy there were bound to be some side effects. Don't be too surprised though, not much of the contents in your hamburger came from a pig either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.