Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Happy Halloween! What Outfit?

Happy Halloween! What Outfit?

Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of
Wink Happy Halloween! What Outfit?

Hi everyone!

As a new Brit now living in the USA, I am looking forward to experiencing my first American Halloween tomorrow. Although Halloween is recognised in England, I can't believe how big it is over here!

So, what to wear to the Halloween fancy dress party on Saturday night?

I'm going as an IMMIGRANT!!!

It just had to be topical, LOL! Having to apply for things like Advance Parole in order to go back home to England, US Immigration make you feel like a criminal!

I have a black & white striped dress with "Department of Correction" printed on the back! I am going to draw Union Jack Flags on it and write my Alien Number on too! Along with the matching striped hat, ball & chain and handcuffs, I'm sure the BCIS would be proud of me!!

What will you be wearing??!!

Happy Halloween

PS. Alien was also an option but I found the immigrant outfit first!
Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:56 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I have a furry halo and a white fluffy sweater (jumper)... might wear wings but doubt it...

Then on the bottom I'm wearing a leather mini skirt and fishnets with high heeled ankle boots.

I'm going as "Naughty and Nice"
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:13 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Its funny how the yanks love halloween so much!

My wife says "oh thats so cute" when she passes a house with a pumpkin in it, and Im like "weirdo"!!!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's interesting that Halloween costumes are not specific to Halloween anymore isn't it. OK, so ghosts, ghouls, witches, skeletons etc are the norm - but bunny rabbits, butterflys, angels etc. I sense the marketing man has commeth.....
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:53 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to think that Halloween was an pain in the ass "holiday", an opportunity for equally pain in the ass teenagers to knock on your door and either be mean, scare the c**p out of you, or eat your food and run.

Now I'm a little more tolerant and actually have a nice little display of pumpkins on the front porch, some little scary lanterns from Michaels, and am even contemplating draping some Halloween fairy lights over a tree....

Still draw the line at green bean casserole at Thxgiving though...
Old Oct 30th 2003, 5:06 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh grean bean casserole the scurge of the USA and not a fresh ingredient in sight, almost as bad as tater tot surprise:scared:
Old Oct 30th 2003, 5:46 pm

Originally posted by dudleydowg
Ahh grean bean casserole the scurge of the USA and not a fresh ingredient in sight, almost as bad as tater tot surprise:scared:

I've moved it around my plate with my fork a few times... But my M-I-L puts onions that came out of a can on it!

-- Then again... Todd;s family is half Russian Othodox so we have 2 Christmases and 2 Easters. I'm getting used to most of the stuff.

Even the 20 deserts they bring out inspite of the fact that there is some kind of jelly already on the plate! (I've never eaten that cos it has lumps in it)

One year when I has just given birth to Ryan Todd went to a football match and never showed up at the in-laws untill almost 3pm... It took 2 men to stuff him in my car.... His excuse was the beer cans made his hands cold so he drank them quickly!
Old Oct 30th 2003, 5:50 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I understand it that the jelly with the lumps in it is called a dressing and not a dessert, I had my hands slapped from my mother in law for asking her for another plate to put in onto
Old Oct 30th 2003, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I heard Brigie is going as Patrick, to really scare the shite outof the neighbourhood kids !
Old Oct 30th 2003, 8:57 pm

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I heard Brigie is going as Patrick, to really scare the shite outof the neighbourhood kids !
Is he going to be wearing a leather mini skirt too?
Old Oct 30th 2003, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Is he going to be wearing a leather mini skirt too?
As opposed to which day he does not wear it ?
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:07 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Brig

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I have a furry halo and a white fluffy sweater (jumper)... might wear wings but doubt it...

Then on the bottom I'm wearing a leather mini skirt and fishnets with high heeled ankle boots.

I'm going as "Naughty and Nice"
it just so happens I had a pic of Brig from last year
Attached Thumbnails Happy Halloween!  What Outfit?-halloween.jpeg  
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I dont understand what the big deal is over here about halloween. Me and the wife are staying out of the living room tonight, so that the local kids think no ones home! Bah Humbug So dont ring our doorbell tonight, as no one will answer
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:47 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I dont understand what the big deal is over here about halloween. Me and the wife are staying out of the living room tonight, so that the local kids think no ones home! Bah Humbug So dont ring our doorbell tonight, as no one will answer
miserable ol bugger

Here in Rowlett, the kids only go to the houses that have their front porch lights on, so if you forget watch out Family Yosser will be on the scrounge

Last year I got enough candy and chocolate to last 3 weeks to take to work for afternoon snacks!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 8:52 pm
Never right in the head!

Default Yossers costume

I quite like the look of this handsome fella...If you see anyone like this stumberling around the Dallas surrounding cities, chuck us some sweets, I'm a bit partial to twix and M & M's
Attached Thumbnails Happy Halloween!  What Outfit?-hunchbackbox.jpeg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.