British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Happy anniversary to meeee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/happy-anniversary-meeee-751815/)

CAdreaming Mar 16th 2012 9:22 pm

Happy anniversary to meeee

One year ago today I left England's shores and moved across the pond. I arrived with 3 cases full of clothes and make up....priorities :rofl:
The year had been so so quick..I married on 27 of March and now have my Green Card. Unfortunately Ive been back to the UK 4 times as my mum is ill....but I wouldn't change it for the world. I live in a beautiful area....amongst the friendliest people ive ever met and have made some amazing new friends. Its been very challenging at times...and has taken time to settle but patience is the key
I would like to thank all on this forum for their help and advice and for the laughs...I just love this site...keeps me sane in my many moments of jet lag...
I'm in middlesbrough now...going back Thurs...see you on t'other side :)

Michael Mar 16th 2012 9:26 pm

Re: Happy anniversary to meeee

Originally Posted by CAdreaming (Post 9956853)
One year ago today I left England's shores and moved across the pond. I arrived with 3 cases full of clothes and make up....priorities :rofl:
The year had been so so quick..I married on 27 of March and now have my Green Card. Unfortunately Ive been back to the UK 4 times as my mum is ill....but I wouldn't change it for the world. I live in a beautiful area....amongst the friendliest people ive ever met and have made some amazing new friends. Its been very challenging at times...and has taken time to settle but patience is the key
I would like to thank all on this forum for their help and advice and for the laughs...I just love this site...keeps me sane in my many moments of jet lag...

Have you looked for a job yet? Maybe that would bring you high spirits down.:p

Mummy in the foothills Mar 16th 2012 9:29 pm

Happy Anniversary. :thumbsup:

CAdreaming Mar 16th 2012 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 9956857)
Have you looked for a job yet? Maybe that would bring you high spirits down.:p

Lol lol ....you are right! Its very hard getting a perm job as I have to be back in uk so often. I'm an Independent Consultant for Mary Kay!!!!!

CAdreaming Mar 16th 2012 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9956861)
Happy Anniversary. :thumbsup:

Thank you!!!!

markwm Mar 16th 2012 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by CAdreaming (Post 9956853)

What part are you in? I lived in Tiburon for a few years and loved it. (That was a long time ago!)

CAdreaming Mar 16th 2012 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by markwm (Post 9956883)
What part are you in? I lived in Tiburon for a few years and loved it. (That was a long time ago!)

Eureka in Humboldt County...about 275 miles north of Sanfran on the coast...in the Redwoods
Tiburon's v nice

markwm Mar 16th 2012 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by CAdreaming (Post 9956904)
Eureka in Humboldt County...about 275 miles north of Sanfran on the coast...in the Redwoods
Tiburon's v nice

Okay: that really is Northern California! Passed through a couple of times: beautiful part of the state.

Michael Mar 16th 2012 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by CAdreaming (Post 9956863)
Lol lol ....you are right! Its very hard getting a perm job as I have to be back in uk so often. I'm an Independent Consultant for Mary Kay!!!!!

And I suspect you are just raking in the cash.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SATX John Mar 16th 2012 11:46 pm

Congratulations, glad you have enjoyed your move.

HarryTheSpider Mar 17th 2012 12:26 am

happy 365.25 days!!!

Sally Redux Mar 17th 2012 12:29 am

Congrats and hope your Mum is feeling better soon.

CAdreaming Mar 17th 2012 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 9956990)
And I suspect you are just raking in the cash.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: This time next year il be a millionaire...

CAdreaming Mar 17th 2012 7:12 am

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider (Post 9957098)
happy 365.25 days!!!

Thank u!

CAdreaming Mar 17th 2012 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9957103)
Congrats and hope your Mum is feeling better soon.

Thank you!