Happy 4th

Old Jul 6th 2013, 3:09 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy 4th

Originally Posted by Weeze
Yorkie is having a BBQ. How about everyone else?
BBQ went well - the lamb was cracking, and I even managed to save enough for leftovers on the 5th. Almost like Boxing Day, but not quite......

Nice job on the swimming - I'm sure I answered that somewhere, but can't find it now....are you so proud that you're just randomly posting it in any thread you wander into.....
Old Jul 6th 2013, 4:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

We were in Saratoga Springs, NY....and they did a mental huge fireworks display....fantastic area too.

Then back home, our town did it last night, apparently. They didn't advertise a thing before hand though, so we just ignored it.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:39 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Not such a happy 4th for the pooch.....this was her practicing for "sheltering in place" under the coffee table after some pre-4th fireworks went off unexpectedly....on the night itself we locked her in her den (cubby under the work top in the laundry room) and she did surprisingly well

.Happy 4th-image.jpg
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:20 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Not such a happy 4th for the pooch.....this was her practicing for "sheltering in place" under the coffee table after some pre-4th fireworks went off unexpectedly....on the night itself we locked her in her den (cubby under the work top in the laundry room) and she did surprisingly well

.Attachment 113022
Duck and cover.

(ours didn't like it much either).
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
Duck and cover.

(ours didn't like it much either).
It's hard to tell from the photo, but the coffee table is only about 12" off the floor at the edge, so she has to go flat and sort of commando crawl her way in. Quite amusing to watch, especially when she's in a hurry!
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:27 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Thundershirt. Best $30 we ever spent on the dog. Good for thunder, fireworks and anything else scary.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:30 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Modeled by the happy dog
Attached Thumbnails Happy 4th-image.jpg  

Last edited by Weeze; Jul 7th 2013 at 8:31 pm. Reason: Oh I give up. It's always sideways.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:34 pm

Thunder shirt...$30
Under the coffee table....free!

Seriously though, I'd heard good things about the thundershirt, and our mutt does seem to have some anxiety and sociability issues, so i asked the vet about them. She reckoned they were good, but weren't for every dog - she offered us a loaner to try, but between us we couldn't get it on her. She got seriously stressed and we gave up in the end. This is a dog who needs a "happy pill" so we can trim her nails, and has a set routine before I can collar her for a walk....shake hands, nose dog bowl, pat storage tub for kibble, jump at the door,mbark in the washing machine, then sit for collar! It may vary slightly from week to week, but that's the gist of it..some serious doggy OCD going on......
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:37 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Modeled by the happy dog
Interesting. I shall investigate that.

Also, lovely dogs you two.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 10:05 pm

They come with a money back guarantee and any returned thundershirts are donated to shelters. It's a win win.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 11:23 pm

They come with a money back guarantee and any returned thundershirts are donated to shelters. It's a win win.
The shelters are really struggling with capacity round here....are you on the email distribution lists? I got an email from them on the 2nd saying that July 5th is the busiest day of the year for the shelters with all the firework frightened escapees, and that these 3 black labs (pics just like my mutt) will all be "euthanized" Friday to make way for new arrivals......really plays on the guilt strings.....I nearly went and got all 3 - black dogs have the highest kill rate apparently, which is why we got ours......
Old Jul 7th 2013, 11:53 pm

I know. I had an incident with a little Yorkie just over a week ago. The car in front of me ran him over, got out of his car and drove off. I picked the little guy up and took him to the vets. Amazingly he was fine. Thanks to a lot of help by the very kind people of various local groups we managed to find his owners a few days later. I was phoning round the shelters to report him in case the owners were looking. They said then they were full and only accepting puppies up to 6 months old. Mr Weeze knows I struggle every day to not adopt all of the dogs looking for homes.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 12:29 am

I know. I had an incident with a little Yorkie just over a week ago. The car in front of me ran him over, got out of his car and drove off. I picked the little guy up and took him to the vets. Amazingly he was fine. Thanks to a lot of help by the very kind people of various local groups we managed to find his owners a few days later. I was phoning round the shelters to report him in case the owners were looking. They said then they were full and only accepting puppies up to 6 months old. Mr Weeze knows I struggle every day to not adopt all of the dogs looking for homes.
Mrs N. does fostering for terriers.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 2:26 am

I know. I had an incident with a little Yorkie just over a week ago. The car in front of me ran him over, got out of his car and drove off. I picked the little guy up and took him to the vets. Amazingly he was fine..
We're built tough, you know