Reload this Page >

hairdressing in Orlando.

hairdressing in Orlando.

Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

dreadybarber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hairdressing in Orlando.

Hi ,
My wife and i are coming to Florida for the month of February in the eventual hope of immigrating.
We are both hairdressers / barbers and are in dire need of some contacts over there .
Currently we are looking for a short term rental for that month so if anyone can put us onto a letting agent who can accomodate us or someone renting out it will be gratefully received !!
many thanks,
Lee
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hairdressing in Orlando.

Originally Posted by dreadybarber
My wife and i are coming to Florida for the month of February in the eventual hope of immigrating.
Before you get too locked into the idea of immigrating, neither a hairdresser nor a barber is likely to get a work visa to the US. Quite simply, they aren't needed professions.

That said, if either of you is linked to some famous person and you are known within international circles for your incredible skills, you might qualify for an O-1 visa. If not, best to try a different country. Forgive me, but the US is just too difficult to get into without a more useful skill set.

I'm not trying to be mean... just honest.

Ian
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadybarber
Hi ,
We are both hairdressers / barbers and are in dire need of some contacts over there .
Currently we are looking for a short term rental for that month so if anyone can put us onto a letting agent who can accomodate us or someone renting out it will be gratefully received !!
many thanks,
Lee
There must be a million rentals in Orlando ...
the internet is full of then
http://www.orlandovillas.com/

https://www.google.com/search?source...lllll0&aqi=s43
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking the same, google is your friend.

The person I know who has one uses an agent of which there must be thousands.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:12 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

You would also need to check out the licensing in where you want to be. My wife, a hairdresser for over 30 years, is not allowed to practice in SC without first doing 1500 hours of college tuition (mainly of stuff she already knows) to get a 'cosmetology' license. And that tuition costs around $18k.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

janeth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nice

We are hopefully moving to Florida sometime this year. I'm a hairdresser and already looked T buying a business over there but I'm just going to manage it not actually work. Would I have to do the same? Or as I'm simply just the owner shouldn't have to ?..
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeth8711
We are hopefully moving to Florida sometime this year. I'm a hairdresser and already looked T buying a business over there but I'm just going to manage it not actually work. Would I have to do the same? Or as I'm simply just the owner shouldn't have to ?..
How are you moving to FL? What visa will you be on?

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

janeth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nicejaneth8711 is just really nice

My husband is a US citizen were filing the I-130
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
There must be a million rentals in Orlando ...
the internet is full of then
http://www.orlandovillas.com/

https://www.google.com/search?source...lllll0&aqi=s43

Does one of them belong to you?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't you say that in the beginning

You don't need the immigration forum. You need to post in the US section since the post has nothing whatsoever to do with immigration. When you are ready for that info, post in the marriage-based visa forum.

Good luck. Hope you all are good with elderly and disabled persons.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:17 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Good luck. Hope you all are good with elderly and disabled persons.
And blue rinses.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Does one of them belong to you?
In Orlando ..your kidding ..I loathe that place
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Since you are coming to the USA on an Immigrant Visa, you will have work authorization from Day 1 in the USA. You will be able to do whatever you want, work-wise, from Day 1. You can buy a salon, you can work in a salon, whatever. You don't need any special visa or anything like the OP of this thread does.

Rene
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

i think perhaps janeth8711 might have been asking about the licensing and extra college tuition that sheepdip mentioned and whether it would apply to them
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:10 pm
Ray

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...nse_cosmo.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.