Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Had a shock reading some citi data forums. So much seggregation!

Had a shock reading some citi data forums. So much seggregation!

Old Jan 1st 2014, 4:20 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had a shock reading some citi data forums. So much seggregation!

Originally Posted by BillyLondon
Yep. Ur absolutely right. Gonna stop the overthinking.
Been to ny so many times. Lovveedddd it!!
Your husband might want to contact his future colleagues and find out where they commute from. I once suggested lower CT to someone moving from London who said "No way" until they learned that the future boss's home was there and he recommended it -- at which time they checked it out and found the town he lived in really worked for them!
Old Jan 1st 2014, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

BillyLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Had a shock reading some citi data forums. So much seggregation!

Pulaski. You are right. And of course education is a priority. I was in favour of putting her in an IB or British school education so that all our moves would be more seem less as the American system is only really in America. But they all seem to be in Manhattan and Queens and oversubscribed and we will arrive after the application deadlines.
Like I said before I am not looking for an overly diversified area or school. As long as my daughter is able to blend in without resistance from one community. Which seem to be he case.
I don't go to the local mosque here so I doubt I would ask for advise over there. I am not particularly interested in living in a 'Muslim' area if there is such a thing. I don't favour segregation. Not even if it is within my own background. There are a few very good Islamic private schools in ny and London but I chose not to send my daughter there. I felt that would isolate her from society and perhaps not learn to respect diversity. just a personal preference. I would rather she lives in a mixed society where she can still be herself. For festivals or Saturday learning there are many mosques around in ny.

Again. Thank u very much for responding. Been very useful.