British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   had our interview at embassy yeehaaa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/had-our-interview-embassy-yeehaaa-204514/)

crazi_daizi Jan 22nd 2004 11:39 am

had our interview at embassy yeehaaa

and it wasnt as painful as I expected! We were well armed with books, sandwiches and a flask, plus comfy shoes. The only coach we could catch arrived at 6.30am, had a quick coffe then headed to the Embassy. Arrived around 7.00am there were about 15 people queueing, they started letting us in 8.00 and we were done and out before 10.00! Didn't even read a page of my book!
So for anyone who's interview appointment is soon (and a morning one) there is hope if you get there early - after 10 minutes of us queueing, its stretched all the way down the road :scared: !

Not long to go now, the sunshine is calling!! :)

sibsie Jan 22nd 2004 11:41 am

Re: had our interview at embassy yeehaaa

Did you get your visa?

crazi_daizi Jan 22nd 2004 11:43 am

Originally posted by sibsie
Did you get your visa?
Nooo not yet, they said yesterday our passports will arrive in 7 - 10 days, possibly sooner

Scorchio Jan 22nd 2004 9:38 pm

Originally posted by crazi_daizi
and it wasnt as painful as I expected! We were well armed with books, sandwiches and a flask, plus comfy shoes. The only coach we could catch arrived at 6.30am, had a quick coffe then headed to the Embassy. Arrived around 7.00am there were about 15 people queueing, they started letting us in 8.00 and we were done and out before 10.00! Didn't even read a page of my book!
So for anyone who's interview appointment is soon (and a morning one) there is hope if you get there early - after 10 minutes of us queueing, its stretched all the way down the road :scared: !

Not long to go now, the sunshine is calling!! :)
I went down for my interview today.. the appointment was booked for 12pm, but I arrived at 11:20. There was no queue outside, and they let me straight in. Took about 10 mins to get through the queue inside to submit my forms, then another two and a half hours sitting waiting for the interview. The interview lasted about a minute, if that, and my visa'd passport will be in the post shortly :)

crazi_daizi Jan 22nd 2004 11:09 pm

not a bad do really is it?! :)

Englishmum Jan 22nd 2004 11:54 pm

Originally posted by Scorchio
I went down for my interview today.. the appointment was booked for 12pm, but I arrived at 11:20. There was no queue outside, and they let me straight in. Took about 10 mins to get through the queue inside to submit my forms, then another two and a half hours sitting waiting for the interview. The interview lasted about a minute, if that, and my visa'd passport will be in the post shortly :)
It's obvious why there was no queue outside. Think back to one month ago, which is when they start booking interviews at the Embassy for one month ahead.

It was Christmastime and I have no doubt that not only the Embassy staff were probably working limited hours (all those 'diplomatic' parties...
;) ) and staff vacations, (and probably closed anyway during Christmas week) but the general public were busy preparing for Christmas too!

I'm sure that they were very frugal in giving out appointments last December!