British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Had a crash! Car insurance question!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/had-crash-car-insurance-question-287179/)

bored-silly Mar 1st 2005 3:06 am

Had a crash! Car insurance question!!!

Hey all
Well I cocked up good and proper today. I managed to crash my car into the garage doors of a house I was looking at to buy!!!
I am not sure whether I want to go through the insurance yet so I thought I would get a few quotes to have it fixed.
If I get the quotes and they are too high, do I still have the opportunity to report it to the insurance company if I didn't do it on the day of the accident?
Should I report it any way? Not sure what to do.
I am soooo pissed off!!!
Feel free to take the piss but give me some real advice too please!!! :D

Big D Mar 1st 2005 3:11 am

Re: Had a crash! Car insurance question!!!

well if we are allowed to take the piss...sorry - how the hell did you do that? You have just given us the biggest belly laugh for a long while so I am more than happy to make a donation to your repair fund!!

Seriously - did you damage the doors and your car - is it driveable etc. Would get the quotes quickly, but if its only a matter of days you should be OK with the insurance company? I would get a ball park figure ASAP which should help your decision - bear in mind I have no idea what I am talking about - just guess work!
Good luck with it!

Eskimo Mar 1st 2005 3:24 am

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Hey all
Well I cocked up good and proper today. I managed to crash my car into the garage doors of a house I was looking at to buy!!!
I am not sure whether I want to go through the insurance yet so I thought I would get a few quotes to have it fixed.
If I get the quotes and they are too high, do I still have the opportunity to report it to the insurance company if I didn't do it on the day of the accident?
Should I report it any way? Not sure what to do.
I am soooo pissed off!!!
Feel free to take the piss but give me some real advice too please!!! :D

bored silly PM me I wrote Woodseys $50k car off 8 weeks ago in LA - know all about it :mad:

snowbunny Mar 1st 2005 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Big D
well if we are allowed to take the piss...sorry - how the hell did you do that? You have just given us the biggest belly laugh for a long while so I am more than happy to make a donation to your repair fund!!

Seriously - did you damage the doors and your car - is it driveable etc. Would get the quotes quickly, but if its only a matter of days you should be OK with the insurance company? I would get a ball park figure ASAP which should help your decision - bear in mind I have no idea what I am talking about - just guess work!
Good luck with it!

If there is extensive damage to your car, you're probably better off reporting it and using your insurance to fix it. If not, then garage doors are *relatively* inexpensive to replace. Working with the homeowner and the repair firm, you may be able to pay the cost off over time.

bored-silly Mar 1st 2005 3:33 am

Good luck with it!

At least I gave someone a laugh because my husband didn't sound at all like he wanted to laugh!
The drive was on a hill and I put the car into reverse and it just rolled forward very quickly and smack into the upright of the doors. ******* thing made such a noise. I can't stop laughing now.
I wouldn't mind but the owner of the house just pulled up and saw me do it. The had just done a 'house doctor' on the front in order to sell it.

Big D Mar 1st 2005 3:38 am

maybe if you buy the house they will let you off!!!

bored-silly Mar 1st 2005 3:39 am

maybe if you buy the house they will let you off!!!

Not a chance - the garage doors are ****ed.

Hey....how come my swear words are censored?

Big D Mar 1st 2005 3:42 am

i am laughing out loud again!! Thanks!

No idea - let me try and write ****..

Big D Mar 1st 2005 3:42 am

ooo - it auto censors - how wierd never noticed before!!

bored-silly Mar 1st 2005 3:44 am

It never used to -

piss
shit

just havin another go...

bored-silly Mar 1st 2005 3:44 am

evidently it's just the F word.........

fatbrit Mar 1st 2005 3:44 am

ooo - it auto censors - how wierd never noticed before!!

This is gonna be fun!

<removed>
shit

ImHere Mar 1st 2005 3:47 am

I reveresed into a brand new Merc SLK a couple of weeks ago...smashed his frint bumper and radiator grille.

We exchanged ins details, but I told him to get a quote and Id decide which way to go. In the end it was $800 So i just wrote him a check to save my ins premium. But I could have just reported it eveb 4 days later and gone that way. That was with progresssive btw.

bored-silly Mar 1st 2005 3:50 am

I think I said most of those when I crashed the car.......

ImHere Mar 1st 2005 3:50 am

Swearathon