British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   had AOS interview, no stamp, renew EAD? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/had-aos-interview-no-stamp-renew-ead-107291/)

smartiegirl88 Mar 31st 2002 2:03 am

had AOS interview, no stamp, renew EAD?

Hi everyone, soz to be a pain but you all know what's going on with me. I had my AOS interview on Feb 14th but didn't get a stamp. I am waiting for them to contact me about going in to get it, but I have no idea when that will happen. My EAD expires July 4th- I am wondering, should I apply for a renewal EAD now, seeing as it needs 2 months to process in Charleston SC? Or should I just chance it and wait til July and hope they tell me to go in to get my stamp before then?

I really don't know what to do! Any help would be appreciated. I am thinking the best thing to do is go in and ask what's going on, but I am sure the lady at the desk (those of you who know Charleston SC) will just tell me to go home and all I can do is wait!

Rete Mar 31st 2002 2:11 am

Re: had AOS interview, no stamp, renew EAD?

I don't recall the reason why you didn't get the stamp at the interview. But perhaps now is the time for you to call the political powers that be into play. Contact the INS laision of your local congressperson and ask them to inquire as to the status of your approval and I-551. They have insider numbers and contacts that we don't have access to.

Selin Hall Mar 31st 2002 5:05 am

Speaking of Congress people, I contacted ours two weeks ago and still didn't get an
answer from them. It's Senator John Edwards' INS laision that I wrote to. I'm not
sure if it hasn't been long enough or if we are just simply being ignored. I will
wait another week then probably contact another one (Senator Edwards was the second
one actually, the first one said Charlotte had our file but didn't know when they
were going to see us) Take care everyone, Selin

Betastar Mar 31st 2002 11:05 am

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 05:34:30 GMT, "Selin Hall" <[email protected]> spake:

>Speaking of Congress people, I contacted ours two weeks ago and still didn't get an
    >answer from them. It's Senator John Edwards' INS laision that I wrote to. I'm not
    >sure if it hasn't been long enough or if we are just simply being ignored. I will
    >wait another week then probably contact another one (Senator Edwards was the second
    >one actually, the first one said Charlotte had our file but didn't know when they
    >were going to see us)

Edwards' office wrote us a letter, but never followed through. It turned out to be OK
for us, since our interview letter came about a week after we wrote him (just a
coincidence - we were right on our timeline - long story about why we contacted him).

Anyway - the point is (this early in the morning) - try someone else. Or contact them
again to ask for some follow-through.

Betastar still not fully awake.

Selin Hall Mar 31st 2002 6:35 pm

Actually, our two-year hasn't been over yet. I mean we started the process in
May/2000. So it will be 2 years late May. But I will go ahead and contact Jesse
Helms' office. Anyone has any experience with them? Thanks Selin

"Betastar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 05:34:30 GMT, "Selin Hall" <[email protected]> spake:
    >
    > >Speaking of Congress people, I contacted ours two weeks ago and still
didn't
    > >get an answer from them. It's Senator John Edwards' INS laision that I
wrote
    > >to. I'm not sure if it hasn't been long enough or if we are just simply being
    > >ignored. I will wait another week then probably contact another one (Senator
    > >Edwards was the second one actually, the first one said
Charlotte
    > >had our file but didn't know when they were going to see us)
    >
    > Edwards' office wrote us a letter, but never followed through. It turned out to
    > be OK for us, since our interview letter came about a week after we wrote him
    > (just a coincidence - we were right on our timeline - long story about why we
    > contacted him).
    >
    > Anyway - the point is (this early in the morning) - try someone else. Or contact
    > them again to ask for some follow-through.
    >
    > Betastar still not fully awake.

smartiegirl88 Apr 2nd 2002 12:47 am

Well I didn't get my stamp last time because they only had my temporary file and not the original file from Atlanta. At our interview in Feb, they told us that they had requested it and it just hadn't arrived. Well my husband went to the INS office this morning, and asked why we had been waiting so long. The lady said, you haven't been waiting that long, just since March 7th! So our stupid file wasn't even requested until March!!! A month AFTER our interview...

Now the lady is saying that when the original file comes, we will have to have ANOTHER interview. And the file could take anywhere from a month to a year to be sent to Charleston. My husband was not amused and WENT MAD! Quite a feat for my normally indifferent hubby!

SO I had to apply for yet another EAD, costing us 120 dollars.....I am thinking I need to write to some important people and maybe get some action taken. This is ridiculous. I probably will have to get another advanced parole now because the one I have runs out this month! Which is more money!

We are so frustrated with it all....The thing is, at the interview we had, the lady took my I-94 and everything and wrote in my passport so I thought everything would be alright.

IT'S SO ANNOYING!!