Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:02 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HA HA! Take that WalMart!!

Tolos are you the same guy, who started a thread sometime ago about how you loathe Oprah? Remarkable similarities if you're not.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:03 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Tolos are you the same guy, who started a thread sometime ago about how you loathe Oprah? Remarkable similarities if you're not.
It probably was. I forget...if it wound y'all up and descended into taunts about philistines, lazy and ignorant people, and pretentious Expats, then probably.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:06 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolos
It probably was. I forget...if it wound y'all up and descended into taunts about philistines, lazy and ignorant people, and pretentious Expats, then probably.

Ah ok, I thought so the rhetoric sounded spookily similar.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:06 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Ah ok, I thought so the rhetoric sounded spookily similar.
Anything for a laugh on a slow afternoon.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tolos
Well I'm going to be honest and frank here. I could give a damn about slave labor and poor working conditions. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a shitbag and have no interest in the economics lives of people off in Chinese sweatshops somewhere.

Bottom line is this - I'm a consumer. A customer. I want products at the lowest price. You're all free to go and visit one of those mom & pop gas stations, who charge $2 for a pack of gun, or $3 for a tin of beans. Feel good that you are supporting fair trade. But I'll personally stick to Wal-Mart and get my gum for 20c and my beans for 80c thanks.

I'm glad WalMart is around. I trust it a lot more than these local foodmarts, who are much more likely to sell outdated food and overprice their goods to make a profit. I want to save money, and WM allows me to do that. Long may it prosper.
You obviously have a superior grasp on the fundementals of global economics.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:52 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Friday night fights
Old Jul 29th 2006, 4:42 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also happy Walmart got thrown out of Germany. You know, because the low price European competitors that kicked their ass like Metro, Aldi and Carrefour are all virtuous n'stuff.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:40 am

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peterbainham
Are you familiar with the German concept of 'Allzumenschliche'?

Look it up.

With your philosophy we can all grow up to be 'Allzumenschliches' like yourself and this gentleman:

If Hitler was sell stuff cheaper than Wal-Mart I would be shopping there. I'm with the other guy, f**k the rest of the world I'm looking out for my wallet and I shop where I get the biggest bang for my buck and Wal-Mart overall provides it.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mdyoung
If Hitler was sell stuff cheaper than Wal-Mart I would be shopping there. I'm with the other guy, f**k the rest of the world I'm looking out for my wallet and I shop where I get the biggest bang for my buck and Wal-Mart overall provides it.
Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:42 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Laying out a buck or so less than a competitor for inferior quality is really smart..
Old Jul 30th 2006, 3:40 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Wow.... so you're alright with slave labour, then? Use 'em up and gas 'em when they can't work anymore?

WalMart depends on China's cheap and often forced and abused labour force to supply you with a bang.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Wow.... so you're alright with slave labour, then? Use 'em up and gas 'em when they can't work anymore?

WalMart depends on China's cheap and often forced and abused labour force to supply you with a bang.
Not my problem. I'm not out to save the world. What happens outside the U.S. is of no concern to me. If the U.S. government would stop sticking their nose in everyone's business and just worry about doing business we would be a lot better off too.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Laying out a buck or so less than a competitor for inferior quality is really smart..
LMAO.. that's so true. I buy birthday presents for the MIL there....
Old Jul 30th 2006, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
That's a bunch of BS. I shop at Wal-Mart all the time. In fact we shopped there today and I can't recall buying anything that fell apart. If it did I'm 100% sure I would have no problem getting my money back.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

That's a bunch of BS. I shop at Wal-Mart all the time. In fact we shopped there today and I can't recall buying anything that fell apart. If it did I'm 100% sure I would have no problem getting my money back.

No no you are so right...Walmart only sell the finest goods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.