H4 Stamping

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Darpan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy H4 Stamping

Hi all

Mine is a typical problem, but am not able to find the right answer. I would really appreciate any help in this regard.
Problem:
I recently got my H1B transferred and also got H4 approved for my wife as both of us were here. Now she has gone to India and I'll be joining her next month. She has a different Last Name than mine !!
I want her to file for her H4 before I go there so that if there is any need of getting her name changed, we can get a little more time.
Can I just send a copy of my approval notice and other docs to support OR the Original is required OR first H1 has to be stamped in my passport and only then her H4.
I'm pretty confused weather to send these docs and let her apply first or give both passports for stamping together... in which case I've to be there first.
Also Is the same last name really a criteria?? 'cas she was already here and all her accounts, credit cards, medical insurance etc etc are in a different last name than mine.

thanks in advance
Darpan