Reload this Page >

H4 Extension/ US Embassies/ H4 in general

H4 Extension/ US Embassies/ H4 in general

Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

dignity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H4 Extension/ US Embassies/ H4 in general

Hi,

Just a heads up that I made an apointment online with the US Embassy in Barbados, flew down there day before and had my visa in the passport within 3 hours. No hassles at all. There is even a photographer on hand with a studio across the way just in case, like I did, you forget your photos!!

On another note, if one is working in another country: (i.e the Caribbean) what rights do the Immigration Officers have to grill you every time you enter the US??

By the way, has anyone seen the new "pledges" at Logan on approaching Immigration?

Any comments please.

Cheers

Diggers
Old Nov 4th 2004, 2:04 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H4 Extension/ US Embassies/ H4 in general

Originally Posted by dignity
Hi,

Just a heads up that I made an apointment online with the US Embassy in Barbados, flew down there day before and had my visa in the passport within 3 hours. No hassles at all. There is even a photographer on hand with a studio across the way just in case, like I did, you forget your photos!!

On another note, if one is working in another country: (i.e the Caribbean) what rights do the Immigration Officers have to grill you every time you enter the US??

By the way, has anyone seen the new "pledges" at Logan on approaching Immigration?

Any comments please.

Cheers

Diggers

Hmmm, that's interesting.

Our L1 and L2 visas expire next April and rather than fly back to London for the renewed visas to be stuck into our passports (where I had to wait for 41/2 hours!!!) we were thinking of going up to Canada. I'd rather go to Barbados though....it's a lovely island (the first time we went there was on our honeymoon so happy memories indeed)!

Were you on an air ticket where you could change the flight to return to the US earlier or did you take the opportunity to chill out, relax with poolside drinks and swim in the Caribbean sea for a few days?!

Does anyone know if renewed visas are still issued within the US? I think it used to be in Kansas? We haven't been keen on sending off our passports to have renewed visas anyway as we knew it could be weeks before having them returned in case we needed to travel urgently....but is it correct that they don't renew them by mail these days? I understand that they want to interview all adults for non-immigrant visas so you have to leave the US for an Embassy interview in any circumstance?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

dignity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H4 Extension/ US Embassies/ H4 in general

I had originally planned to return the day after but extended for a day just in case there were any hiccups. There were none and the staff treated everyone like human beings unlike the embassy in London!

As it is now, I am sorting out my work permit for Nevis, but will split time between here and there. Therefore I hope that the "grilling" one tends to receive upon re entering the US will subside when I re enter the US on future occasions.

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Hmmm, that's interesting.

Our L1 and L2 visas expire next April and rather than fly back to London for the renewed visas to be stuck into our passports (where I had to wait for 41/2 hours!!!) we were thinking of going up to Canada. I'd rather go to Barbados though....it's a lovely island (the first time we went there was on our honeymoon so happy memories indeed)!

Were you on an air ticket where you could change the flight to return to the US earlier or did you take the opportunity to chill out, relax with poolside drinks and swim in the Caribbean sea for a few days?!

Does anyone know if renewed visas are still issued within the US? I think it used to be in Kansas? We haven't been keen on sending off our passports to have renewed visas anyway as we knew it could be weeks before having them returned in case we needed to travel urgently....but is it correct that they don't renew them by mail these days? I understand that they want to interview all adults for non-immigrant visas so you have to leave the US for an Embassy interview in any circumstance?